Police Rebelion Provincia de Bs.As.

The Police rebellion was caused mainly because the policemen sources of side income, during the pandemic, dried up, . No more restaurants to guard, no more football games to protect $$, no more trapitos to shake up , no more brothels to protect, no more arbolitos to control, no more cuevas paying protection...! np more trucks to guard.

The salaries were always low for years, BUT the side income was good. Four hundred comisarios were removed for corruption not too long ago.

Watching his speech tonight, he appeared to be handling the situation in a fairly calm and professional yet firm manner without name calling, dwelling on the flaws of the opposition or otherwise ranting and raving. Such a refreshing change in Argentine politics. Hopefully a sign of the future to come.
But the rebellion was in BA province not at CABA. Are you saying he was behind it?

But the rebellion was in BA province not at CABA. Are you saying he was behind it?
No - this post is in relation to the defunding of CABA by Alberto in order to pay the Province, resulting in Larreta taking the matter to court.

The one major point that nobody has made yet in this thread is that Alberto's decision is simply to partially reverse actions that were taken by Macri. Macri took money from the Province and gave it to CABA, and Alberto is partially reversing that action.

The whole business of retenciones and coparticipaciones has always been a tool of control. Macri used it ruthlessly to reward his allies and punish his rivals. Every President of Argentina since 1983 has used it to enforce control and obedience of the provincial governments. This is no different, and Larreta has no hope of getting any satisfaction from the Supremes, because the constitution clearly gives the President control of this issue. This is all just political Kabuki theater.

The one major point that nobody has made yet in this thread is that Alberto's decision is simply to partially reverse actions that were taken by Macri. Macri took money from the Province and gave it to CABA, and Alberto is partially reversing that action.

The whole business of retenciones and coparticipaciones has always been a tool of control. Macri used it ruthlessly to reward his allies and punish his rivals. Every President of Argentina since 1983 has used it to enforce control and obedience of the provincial governments. This is no different, and Larreta has no hope of getting any satisfaction from the Supremes, because the constitution clearly gives the President control of this issue. This is all just political Kabuki theater.

Glad you mention the issue , although not mentioned here perhaps , is in every TV panel discussion the fact that Macri had favored the CABA..!

I would add to my comment above that I wouldn't be surprised if Cristina was the one who suggested this response to the police strike. It seems much more like her style of hardball. Alberto is so kind and calm and conciliatory, too much so for our good. This is Cristina's style, "you mess with my government, bueno, y voy a romperte el culo!"

The hardcore Macrista wing of Juntos por el Cambio backed and encouraged this police strike, (rebellion is a gross over-exaggeration), and now she's making them pay for it. This isn't entirely fair, as Larreta represents the moderate, cooperative wing of Juntos por el Cambio, but politics is never fair. And Cristina didn't rise from being the daughter of a bus driver in the most sparsely populated province of Argentina to the Casa Rosada by being sweet and playing nice.

I would add to my comment above that I wouldn't be surprised if Cristina was the one who suggested this response to the police strike. It seems much more like her style of hardball. Alberto is so kind and calm and conciliatory, too much so for our good. This is Cristina's style, "you mess with my government, bueno, y voy a romperte el culo!"

The hardcore Macrista wing of Juntos por el Cambio backed and encouraged this police strike, (rebellion is a gross over-exaggeration), and now she's making them pay for it. This isn't entirely fair, as Larreta represents the moderate, cooperative wing of Juntos por el Cambio, but politics is never fair. And Cristina didn't rise from being the daughter of a bus driver in the most sparsely populated province of Argentina to the Casa Rosada by being sweet and playing nice.

Red P

Yes and NO.. Cristina grew up in La Plata (Not S,C), where her Dad was driving Buses and her mother was a High School Admin.

When Cristina anointed Alberto to be her Presidential Candidate, he must have signed his life away , to be given that Privilege ! Or No Strigs At ached ????

Red P

Yes and NO.. Cristina grew up in La Plata (Not S,C), where her Dad was driving Buses and her mother was a High School Admin.

When Cristina anointed Alberto to be her Presidential Candidate, he must have signed his life away , to be given that Privilege ! Or No Strigs At ached ????

With much respect, Rich One, I don't really buy into that narrative of Cristina as the evil puppetmaster and Alberto as her helpless little marioneta. That seems to me like political rhetoric by the opposition, in much the same manner that Octavian sold the second civil war to the Roman public by claiming that he was fighting against Cleopatra and not Marc Antony. That is perhaps an unfortunate analogy, and let us sincerely hope that this tempest in a teacup never even remotely approaches such severity, but it was the example that suggested itself to my mind.

When Alberto was Chief of Staff to Nestor, he and Cristina went at it hammer and tongs, and he never backed down. I don't see him just meekly submitting to her domineering now.

Back