police record valid

lexilein

Registered
a random question:

is the police record, argentine + foreign, still valid after I have left the country for only a few days? I mean to apply for a visa and worried, that I need to run for a new police record once I have left the country for a few days... (I did not apply for the permanent visa yet and won't have time to do so before I head of to the beach for a few days).

many thanks!!!
lexi

Are you going to the beach in your home country where the report is from? Because that may very well invalidate it if they catch it. If you're leaving the country for a few days to visit a third nation, you should be okay.

yes, I am planning on going to a third nation... as well the argentine one should be valid as well?

I went back to uk with my Argentine wife and Kids for a holiday and was told all my papers were invalid as they did not cover the time i was on holiday. And thus i had to begin again.Very annoying and time consuming and not cheap.

lexilein said:
yes, I am planning on going to a third nation... as well the argentine one should be valid as well?

Going out of the country wouldn't affect your police record here. But there are time limits... I'm not sure when it expires, but you'll want to apply as soon as you can.

The big no-no is going back to your home country... you'd have to start the paper work all over again. :p

Back