Political Activism In The Streets

AmigoArtistico

Registered
I made the following post yesterday in another thread:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I was out making the rounds tonight, furiously tearing down Campora and Scioli propaganda, when I tore three signs off a basurero and threw them inside. I turned around to find a policewoman about 2 meters away from me, watching. She looked at me for just a moment, and then went on texting. Just another normal night in Buenos Aires.[/background]

I was very surprised that this comment got so many likes.

I live in Camporalandia, so for years I've been accustomed to tearing down political signs everywhere I see them. (The only Cámpora signs I leave alone are the ones for communal food purchases or similar activities that may significantly benefit the poor, which account for about 2% of the total signs.) Of course I also pull down anything, big or small, beginning with K or containing the letters FPV, or showing faces of current or recently deceased presidents or their offspring. For the first couple years, it seemed that I was the only one doing it, but it's now very trendy in my area, as well as other areas of the city.

With all the very many times I've done this, I've only had one angry person say something to me. He tried to tell me that the sign wasn't mine so I had no right to take it down. It didn't matter to him that it was in my neighborhood, not his, nor that it was covering someone else's sign (which in turn was covering someone else's, which covered another, which covered another). I asked him very loudly if it were his sign, and he quickly slunk away.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else here takes down these signs. Considering that most of them are defacing public and private property, and that the FPV and La Cámpora are the worst offenders at covering the signs of others (including paid private advertising), I consider it at a minimum to be a public service, removing this malicious litter, and I also consider it a patriotic service to the majority who have clearly shown their agotamiento with el Kirchnerismo.

(By the way, when Argentina finally is reincorporated into the rest of the world, they should really consider for export the glue that they make here. Have you ever tried to scrape off some of these political signs? For some, it's virtually impossible.)

In Vicente Lopez (Olivos, la Lucila etc) where we live, La Campora stay away.
It's Macri country.

The campora care the least for public and private (not theirs) property. Argentina these days seems relatively civilized so why the need to 'militantly' spray slogans on the side of someones house as if they are rebels countering the evil invading forces in a warzone. Like they are in syria or something. Ive been tempted to go out after dark and spray over them but i dont have illegal use of government funds and also itd make me as bad as they are.

'Macri country' gave me a vision of macri riding slowly through the streets on a horse smoking macris at the ready to whip the glue brush or spray can out of the righteous revolutionary hands of a camporista.

As much as I dislike the Campora - a dislike that might be confused for outright hatred... I could never support removing their propaganda. Perhaps it is necessary, but I just can't stoop to their level.

why would it be wrong to remove a sign... if someone has the right to put one up, then the right to remove a sign is the same thing.

As much as I dislike the Campora - a dislike that might be confused for outright hatred... I could never support removing their propaganda. Perhaps it is necessary, but I just can't stoop to their level.

Believe me, it's not "stooping to their level." It's an ugly blight, a plague, (not to mention a bunch of pathetic, ridiculous lies), printed in black and white on copy paper and plastered all over the place in a tourist district, and getting rid of as much of it as possible is a community service.

I was thinking that maybe you've never seen any of the hundreds of these nonsensical pieces of propaganda. I'm going to start photographing them, and when I have a reasonable sized collection, I'll post them for your entertainment and disgust.

Yeah, post the pics. Where I live we really don't see any of that. I see paid posters put up by both parties, and they often get defaced. That, at least for me, is a no-no. Trash put up by a local idiots - That I am all for removing.

Back