Votes: 26 33.3%
  • 2000 - 3000 USD a month

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • more than 3000 USD a month

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters

citygirl

Registered
I am curious as to what people actually spend a month. So if you're willing - put in the poll what you spend a month total (rent, health insurance, bills, cellphone, food, etc). Obviously it will vary but I'm curious what the average expat lives on here.

I put USD just because most people have rental contracts in US dollars so it made sense to use that currency. Obviously extrapolate to preferred currency as required:D

Obviously I can't vote because I don't live there yet, but I am curious to see the results and I do hope a lot of people vote.

Just a quick search of Craigslist BA shows me many [supposedly] beautiful apartments in the 3 area's I'd like to call my potential apartment area; San Telmo, Recoleta and Palermo....all 1-bedroom, furnished places with separate living room and [small] kitchen, which is all I need. Typical prices are between 600 and 1000 USD, and that is why I am guessing 2K total for everything will be enough to lead a cool lifestyle.

JaiDee - I may get called classist again ;) but I would agree that your budget (with small variation either way) is certainly realistic to live a good lifestyle here. For a nice 1 br, in a decent area (and just an FYI - San Telmo and Recoleta are VERY different), you will have no problem finding furnished apts in that price range.

I would say about USD600. Though my financial situation is a little wacky - I don´t pay rent, but I am paying for my expensive US health insurance policy :) I guess those 2 things kind of cancel themselves out, though...

Who's that 1 on more than 3000/mth?
And would he/she like to go out with me?
;)

Doubly nosy but would any of the 14 people who voted less than 1000 a month post if they live alone or share an apartment? Or if they pay rent?

Back