Do you use Torrents to download stuff?

• Yes, I am guilty of using Torrents

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • No, I don't use Torrents or I don't know what they are

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I refuse to answer!

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Downloading content by torrent is very efficient, whether legal or illegal.
It's a shame it's not used more often for most downloadable stuff.
For example, I'm a big video game fan, particularly first person shooters and the modding community often produces free game remakes or mods, which can run to 10gb or more.
With the right amount of seeds, that kind of download can be quite rapid, but without, it could take a very long time.

Downloading content by torrent is very efficient, whether legal or illegal.
It's a shame it's not used more often for most downloadable stuff.
For example, I'm a big video game fan, particularly first person shooters and the modding community often produces free game remakes or mods, which can run to 10gb or more.
With the right amount of seeds, that kind of download can be quite rapid, but without, it could take a very long time.

Yup, the Cinematic Mod for Half-Life 2 is an example of this. Being (in part) texture upgrades run amok, the Cinematic Mod is enormous, and the large number of seeds make torrenting it relatively painless. Well, it was in the states, when I had a killer connection...

Good to meet another Gordon freeman supporter, Red.
Tried Black Mesa ?

Good to meet another Gordon freeman supporter, Red.
Tried Black Mesa ?

Is the pope a Catholic? Does a bear sleep in the woods? :)

If I'm ever lucky enough to have a family of my own, I'm definitely naming my firstborn daughter Alyx.

http://youtu.be/iy61r3Qkm6o

Question: how does one start a poll? I just tried and it said accepted but I don´t see it anywhere. . . Am I missing a step? Or can only Joe create polls, and the rest of us are condemned to be mere spectators in his poll creation madness?

Reactions: Joe
Question: how does one start a poll? I just tried and it said accepted but I don´t see it anywhere. . . Am I missing a step? Or can only Joe create polls, and the rest of us are condemned to be mere spectators in his poll creation madness?

I just tried a test question in the World Politics forum, so it wouldn't clutter up the front page. The poll didn't show at all in Preview mode, but did appear when I actually posted the thread.

Off topic..ish, just downloaded CM13 by torrent (it's free), 9gb and took about 2 hours with about 60 seeds.
That's the advantage of torrents, its intrinsic design.

Back