Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Zona Norte (North Zone)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.6%

• Total voters
dbraia said:
Other: Montserrat.

I was including Montserrat and San Nicolás as the center since very few Argentines themselves even use their formal names.

fifs2 said:
So many expats in Recoleta...? Put your blackberries away and come live the real Buenos Aires....

Where is that? Definitely not Palermo, Barrio Norte, Zona Norte. How many expats live like average Porteños on a typical local income? If they did they might not like it here very much.

sergio said:
Where is that? Definitely not Palermo, Barrio Norte, Zona Norte.

Caballito, Flores, Parque Patricios, Barracas in Capital.

In the northern suburbs, Victoria, Virreyes, Villa Martelli....

fifs2 said:
So many expats in Recoleta...? Put your blackberries away and come live the real Buenos Aires....

Question; why is the "real buenos aires" the bad neighborhoods? I've lived in 3 different barrios and they are all pretty real to me. Some better than others, but I thought that was part of the charm of the city, that every barrio has it's own personality.

laureltp... I think the problem is that Palermo and Recoleta are only one small part of the city yet too many ex pats don't look beyond those areas... I think both are good places to start but they are more like the tip of the ice berg. I think you miss out on a lot in basically such an isolated part of the city. And there are many good neighborhoods in the "real" Bs As.... Caballito, Flores, Almagro, Villa Urquiza, etc. That being said, if you are happy where you are... it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

sergio said:
Where is that? Definitely not Palermo, Barrio Norte, Zona Norte. How many expats live like average Porteños on a typical local income? If they did they might not like it here very much.

We do! ;) I don't know why you would think I like it less than others do. I'm quite happy here although I don't plan to stay forever.

We live in Palermo on an Argentine salary in the midst of Porteños. There are no foreigners in my building and I know Porteños who grew up in Palermo & have lived here their whole lives. Are all these people somehow not living in the "real" Buenos Aires?

Back