Polo Campeonato / El Abierto Tickets

Napoleon - individual tix for the semi & final will be more ( I think last year they were 40 and 60 maybe?) So the abono is definitely the cheaper way to go.

Ticketek is charging a 5 peso service charge (per tix) so the 30 peso tix is actually 35.

Last question: What is the mood/culture/scene like at these games? I went to a horse race last week and it was so subdued. Plus, no alcohol was served. It was a little different than what I had been expected.

Does the bleacher section (or any, for that matter) get at all rowdy?

NJtoBsAs said:
Last question: What is the mood/culture/scene like at these games? I went to a horse race last week and it was so subdued. Plus, no alcohol was served. It was a little different than what I had been expected.

Does the bleacher section (or any, for that matter) get at all rowdy?
Not only is alcohol served, but sometimes it's given away.

-Borghetti (Argentina Kahlua)
-Stella Artois
-Fernet Branca

And sometimes other booths are set up to give samples to the fans. The crowd is a little different than you'll find at soccer matches or even the horse races.

For the final:
Dorrego/sunny side - super casual
Shady side - depends where you are sitting. On the whole smart/casual. Don't forget you can party the night away at the chandon bar afterwards.

For all other games casual - dress how you would normally. Don't forget sunscreen.

It's Raining Today:

How much rain is too much rain?

I know that if it rains, then there's no polo. But how do we find out if it's been cancelled for the day? Is there a website? A phone number?

Thanks.

too much rain is subjective - it's when the field get too wet to play. Don't think so far it's an issue. I'll probably head over in a bit (Napoleon - I'll call you!)

Any questions on rain:

EN CASO DE LLUVIA LA AAP RESPONDERÁ CONSULTAS TELEFÓNICAS
La Asociación Argentina de Polo informa a los interesados que se podrán comunicar con los siguientes teléfonos:
15 4163 1593
15 4163 1595

I would like to go tomorrow. Is there any new information on what times are the games for Sunday and if Ticketek is still the only spot to buy tickets? I drove by today and it looked chaotic!

Games: 2pm & 4:30pm

Don't know which match is Ellerstina's.

They definitely played today, because I went passed on tour and La Dolfina was tied 11 - 11 with Chapa Uno late in the 2nd game. (~6:10pm)

I'm GOING tomorrow. I've already wasted 3 tickets two different days. Entonces I'm totally going tomorrow. I'll be the guy in the Señor Frogs Cancun Spring Break '05 tanktop blowing a vuvuzela.

suerte

Back