Polo Season 2010

cruizes

Registered
When does the 2010 season start? Is there a website showing dates and prices?

Are you talking about the triple crown? The Tortugas Open will start the 28th of September. I don't think tickets are available yet - and you can usually buy them at the club. After that will be Hurlingham and then the Abierto in Palermo will start (don't have exact dates) mid November usually. The tickets for the Abierto should be bought in advance - ticketek sells them. I would guess they will go on sale in October - you can check the ticketek website. I always buy the abono - it's cheaper than buying per game. Prices range all over the place for that depending on what seats you want.

http://www.aapolo.com/ Argentine Polo Assoc. if you can navigate through their site - its a bit of challenge but it has the dates of the bigger and smaller events... good luck.

I think I'm late to the show here, but does anyone know how to buy single tickets to the Abierto? I noticed they were FINALLY practicing on the polo fields in Palermo today...I've been watching the grass grow there for almost a year! I'm only finding links to purchase tickets for the full tournament. Thanks.

If you don't get the abono for the Abierto, the tix will go on sale the week before each game (Monday morning IIRC).

If you're thinking of going to more than 1 game, it's usually easier just to buy the abono and it winds up being cheaper. I think if you do dorrego lateral, it's only 220 pesos for all the games.

If you do only want single tix, just be aware that the semi & final usually sell out so tix can be tough to get - basically, you have to get them the morning they go on sale, otherwise you will probably be SOL.

I've seen several games in Palermo this season already, most of the tournaments have their finals there.

This site has all the dates easy to read: http://polobuenosaires.wordpress.com/tournaments-2/professional-tournaments/

Also, remember that for the big polo games the tickets (esp the cheap seats) sell out early so it is a good idea to buy them at least a week in advance. Last year you had to buy them in TicketTek online/by phone or I suppose in one of their windows (I know there is one in Abasto).

If anyone has the opportunity to see a game in Tortugas (going on right now), I recommend it. The tournament is held in a big Country (closed neighbored/gated community) in Pilar and it is pretty fun to see all the huge houses in this little safe-town oasis, for those of you who haven't experienced a "Country."

To get directions, go to the site of tortuguitas country club (with driving directions) or try going to a polo store.

Back