Pope, Cedula, Passport And Tax Issues

Saw a piece about this on the news here in Canada yesterday. While it's puzzling that he reportedly prefers to travel using his Argentine passport--rather than a Vatican-issued one like previous Popes--they made a point of mentioning that he paid the renewal fee out of his own pocket. Hope you can sleep now. :)

Paid the fee jajajajajaj just poppy cock , when he grants free health insurance and education in catholic U. for Church and Vatican personnel, plus interest free home loans,. will get some real points Travelling in a used car or wearing his old boots sleeping in a hotel room are just that empty gestures. :rolleyes:

Saw a piece about this on the news here in Canada yesterday. While it's puzzling that he reportedly prefers to travel using his Argentine passport--rather than a Vatican-issued one like previous Popes--they made a point of mentioning that he paid the renewal fee out of his own pocket. Hope you can sleep now. :)
Did the Canadian news item address the question of how a traveling Head of State even "uses" a passport? I'm trying to picture Il Papa pulling out his passport and showing it to some official...

How can you guys discuss the Papel Passport, or lack thereof, when there is peanut butter to be found!

Where did he get the money? Does the Pope have a salary? Does his cassock even have pockets?

The Pope has lived like a pauper for nearly 60 years. Even if the POPE doesn't get a salary, the Archbishop of Buenos Aires would. And so would all the Cardinals. (Of which Jorge was also one.)

He hasn't even been pope for a year (or just barely a year). He's never had a wife to support. No (illegitimate) kids to support (like the former president of Paraguay). No cars, no motor boats, not a single luxury. Like Robinson Caruso, he's as thrifty as can be. Even if he's foolish enough to save in pesos, he's got to have more than enough money saved up for his travel expenses. And having been a lifelong bus rider, I'm sure that he's been carrying a coin purse under his moo-moo for decades.

looool....well the thing is even if he requires a visa he is not going to go through the bureaucratic procedures that is related to having an argentine celular ID...The papal office has got its own foreign office department which has something of an exclusive relationship with most countries. Any visa applications would surely be accompanied with diplomatic backing of some sort from the foreign office of the holy see.
No problem. The folks that brought you Odessa really do know allot about passports and visas.

The Pope has lived like a pauper for nearly 60 years. Even if the POPE doesn't get a salary, the Archbishop of Buenos Aires would. And so would all the Cardinals. (Of which Jorge was also one.)

He hasn't even been pope for a year (or just barely a year). He's never had a wife to support. No (illegitimate) kids to support (like the former president of Paraguay). No cars, no motor boats, not a single luxury. Like Robinson Caruso, he's as thrifty as can be. Even if he's foolish enough to save in pesos, he's got to have more than enough money saved up for his travel expenses. And having been a lifelong bus rider, I'm sure that he's been carrying a coin purse under his moo-moo for decades.

Well I don 't think he has lived like a pauper. He has always had the Church to pay his bills, has never had to worry about getting to the end of the month, has always had health care, airline tickets paid for, taxis ( yes he did ride them in BA as well as sometimes buses) and to look at his girth, he has not been starving himself.

Did the Canadian news item address the question of how a traveling Head of State even "uses" a passport? I'm trying to picture Il Papa pulling out his passport and showing it to some official...

Haha, no ... and that's a good point. It's not like you see them descending from their aircraft and handing their passport to the first official to greet them on the red carpet!

Well I don 't think he has lived like a pauper. He has always had the Church to pay his bills, has never had to worry about getting to the end of the month, has always had health care, airline tickets paid for, taxis ( yes he did ride them in BA as well as sometimes buses) and to look at his girth, he has not been starving himself.

Shhhh... don't ruin it for Napoleon.

Back