Pork Knuckle, 16 pesos a kilo (Mercado central)

French jurist

Registered
Today I went to a kind of mercado central (mercado concentrador in Jose C Paz). Many carnicerias and such. Low prices.

Definitely worth it to buy a large freezer and buy 50/150 kilos of meat once a month (depending on the family).

Bought two kuckles, close to 11 kilos in total : 168 pesos!

Roasted with dark beer, skin got caramelized, juicy meat... Guten Appetit!

pig1_zpsffa17758.jpg

pig2_zps5d2304ef.jpg

Indeed, 150 kilos might be exagerated! But 50/70 kilos easily for a family of 4?

HOLY CANOLI!

That is awesome French!

Hmmm Beer + honey + red pepper power + cilantro + lime + minced garlic... mix it all, pour the mixture over the pork, cover with a bag the night before and place in the fridge... then into the oven. Half an hour per pound and you got yourself a treat!

Gotta go to the market, the one next to my house has it at over 45AR$ for the kilo

Hi French Jurist.... you are talking pork arent yer. How many families do you know here that would go out and buy 50 kg of pork, let alone 150 kg of it, and would have to buy a freezer to keep it in. You're having a turkish mate. Can I have some of that stuff you smoke!

French jurist said:
Today I went to a kind of mercado central (mercado concentrador in Jose C Paz). Many carnicerias and such. Low prices.

Definitely worth it to buy a large freezer and buy 50/150 kilos of meat once a month (depending on the family).

Bought two kuckles, close to 11 kilos in total : 168 pesos!

Roasted with dark beer, skin got caramelized, juicy meat... Guten Appetit!

pig1_zpsffa17758.jpg

pig2_zps5d2304ef.jpg
LOOKS YUMMY! whats your recipe..

Markgeezer said:
Hi French Jurist.... you are talking pork arent yer. How many families do you know here that would go out and buy 50 kg of pork, let alone 150 kg of it, and would have to buy a freezer to keep it in. You're having a turkish mate. Can I have some of that stuff you smoke!

I wish I had something to smoke actually! They sell beef too, hopefully.

BROOKLYN said:
LOOKS YUMMY! whats your recipe..

Using a mix of romero, dark beer, a bit of honey.

I open the oven every 10 minutes and apply the mixture using a brush.

joeteixido said:
HOLY CANOLI!

That is awesome French!

Hmmm Beer + honey + red pepper power + cilantro + lime + minced garlic... mix it all, pour the mixture over the pork, cover with a bag the night before and place in the fridge... then into the oven. Half an hour per pound and you got yourself a treat!

Gotta go to the market, the one next to my house has it at over 45AR$ for the kilo

I'll try that on the second one!

French jurist said:
I wish I had something to smoke actually! They sell beef too, hopefully.

Looks like you have plenty of joints to smoke innit!! Never had any joy out of freezing beef myself, at least vacio and asado taste pretty bad after freezing. What do you think? I only have seafood and sometimes chicken in my freezer.

Back