Postal Service In Argentina

I have found the Argentine postal service to be completely unreliable. We haven't used it for at least 10 years. Before that, we sent things, small stuff, to our grandson in the US and none of it ever arrived. Christmas cards to our friends didn't arrive either. Occasionally, we receive a post card from Europe or the US, sometimes a month or two after being sent. We just lost faith in the system. For important documents, we use DHL and that has worked for us. I wish I could say something positive but our past experiences have all been negative. Some people seem to have better luck.

I have had letters from the United States take 3 months to be received here. But I blame that on the IRS for not sending the mail first class. I have had letters that I sent to the USA returned to me 2 months after sending them with the addressee unknown. Items that were sent to me from the USA have been returned to the sender with address unknown. Sending items using the local postal system is not cheap (300 pesos for .5kg) and it is not reliable. But my advise would be to go to one of the main facilities.

The IRS does not send bulk mail. It sends all its correspondence by first-class mail.

I sent dozens of letters to and from. Nothing lost but the travel time has been as fast as 7 days and as long as 3 months. The only package I mailed took 7 months from the US to Argentina. I mailed it to my girlfriend in January. Moved here in April. It showed up a couple months ago.

Back