Posts from baexpats replicated on another forum

I've seen some pics on his real estate website that look incredibly fake to me

perhaps nobody is actually using his services and all of it is made up
I think his business web site gives helpful advice for people looking to buy property here. Just not enough information since you probably need to pay for services to learn more. Which also seems fine and legit. Plus he had also posted helpful advice over the years here in this community. ...but now this new forum site is just weird. Perhaps his original idea was to make something useful, but what is there now is comical. The comments do not sound like how real people talk, especially when a high percentage of them mention how great the new forum is. Then his narcissistic replies stating how successful and insightful he has been over the years.

It is well known in recent news that AI content farms are stealing stories from legitimate news sites, by having AI rephrase everything and publish to a new site. That is what this looks like to me.

It is well known in recent news that AI content farms are stealing stories from legitimate news sites, by having AI rephrase everything and publish to a new site. That is what this looks like to me.
But how would we know if the very site claiming that this is occurring isn't in fact itself an AI fake from an AI content farm stealing stories from legitimate news sites, by having AI rephrase everything and publish to a new site?

I get bad vibes from that guy.

He was promoting on Twitter the other day a thread where a supposed member of his BA forum ran into Zelenskyy in Farmacity buying condoms.

I read the story, obviously made up, and then all the responses in that thread were copies of what people were saying in the thread about Zelenskyy here on this forum.

Seems like the whole forum is made up of characters by him, and most of the material he gets is from copy and pasting from this forum.

It's kind of sad.

Well, here is a story for you. In October, after 13 years of being a very active member of this forum, he suddenly developed a strong interest in dinosaurs. So, he labeled the old forum members as dinosaurs (excluding himself, evidently), and called the forum itself a dinosaur. I don't know what triggered such a revelation. Consequently, he decided to start his own forum.

I did a quick check, and it looks like he did copy numerous posts from baexpats.org to his forum. Some posts are copied exactly, while others have minor modifications, likely done by AI. Several thread titles and URLs have also been replicated. (See the screenshots attached.)

Since we do not hold copyright over user-generated content, I am not quite sure what to do about it.
I guess it is between him and the original posters, whose posts were likely copied without permission.

This is clearly unethical, in my opinion.

With practices like this, I wish good luck to his own real estate business, and to Gaucho Group Holdings, who have apparently recently appointed him to their Advisory Board.

01-baexpats-original.png01-expatsba-copy.png02-baexpats-original.png02-expatsba-copy.png04-baexpats-original.png04-expatsba-copy.png

Last edited:
Well, here is a story for you. In October, after 13 years of being a very active member of this forum, he suddenly developed a strong interest in dinosaurs. So, he labeled the old forum members as dinosaurs (excluding himself, evidently), and called the forum itself a dinosaur. I don't know what triggered such a revelation. Consequently, he decided to start his own forum.

I did a quick check, and it looks like he did copy numerous posts from baexpats.org to his forum. Some posts are copied exactly, while others have minor modifications, likely done by AI. Several thread titles and URLs have also been replicated. (See the screenshots attached.)

Since we do not hold copyright over user-generated content, I am not quite sure what to do about it.
I guess it is between him and the original posters, whose posts were likely copied without permission.

This is clearly unethical, in my opinion.

With practices like this, I wish good luck to his own real estate business, and to Gaucho Group Holdings, who have apparently recently appointed him to their Advisory Board.

View attachment 9325View attachment 9326View attachment 9327View attachment 9328View attachment 9329View attachment 9330
WTF is going on? Who is this parallel universe’s version of Ronnie Hotdogs?

Back