Powdered milk + other hiking foods

leche en polvo= powder milk
huevos en polvo= powder eggs
pure instantaneo= instant mashed potatoes
atun en sobre=tuna in packets
pate de foie or any non refregetared meats in a can like corned beef
ensalada primavera in a can= mixed veggies in a can ready to eat
polenta lista en un minuto=corn meal? ready in a minute
dieteticas should have all the dried fruits and nuts you need to make your own trail mix
chocolate or candy bars found in any kiosko also some form of cereal bars
keep in mind some of these foods need water to be cooked, pack water accordingly
haven't seen instant rice ,so no luck there unless you make it ready the day prior and pack it like the viet cong back in the 60's lol
all these items are available at any grocery store
Also and most importantly, don't forget to pack your emergency medicinal use only whiskey :)

Keep in mind that most powder milks availables in Argentina dont disolve 100% well, so you need to filter it with a colander.

A balanced dehidrated food is the ideal, a liofilized stew, for instance. There is a company working in this, but with not food available in supermarkets.

You can get dehidrated fruit and potatoes in few places in town. Last year I saw liofilized fruits at a dietetica at the corner of boulevard charcas or guemes, with guise or nearby, the shop was decorated with red and it belongs to a chain of dieteticas. It is not villares / new garden.

You can cook your own cereal bars, or buy "por mayor" by more than a dozen in barrio chino or once.

You can take some chocolate too, like chocolate en barra aguila.

would like to find some places where you can buy canned chicken, canned meat. I havent found any places with these items here yet., but still looking.

I've also looked for canned chicken and canned salmon. No luck in any of the majors, but haven't tried Chinatown yet.

I've also looked for canned chicken and canned salmon. No luck in any of the majors, but haven't tried Chinatown yet.

Please write back and let me know if you do have luck. I think its wise to stock up on things like this. Good STUFF! Along with the Red Aje Sauce!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY... PEOPLE WAKE UP.. LOOK READ THE DATE AND QUESTION OF THE ORIGINAL POST

hey... still you guys are suddenly answering an original request from February... lets say he/ she went hiking in Patagonia with a few packets of dehydrated stuff in March when the snow set in, and we're now in August.

Where do you they guess they are now and what might they be eating ??????????????????????????????

d'oooooohhhh

If people are asking for and receiving information, why does it make any difference when the OP opened the discussion?

If people are asking for and receiving information, why does it make any difference when the OP opened the discussion?

Why do people waste time to be negative, instead of trying to help each other?

AFTER ALL the purpose for forums and topics is to share info that can help each other, isn't it Markgeezer in Ituzaingo?

Back