Prefectura Protests

Gringoboy said:
I'd be interested to know how the payment structure works with the Navy, Army and Air Force.

They basically work the same as Gendarmerie and the Coast Guard, but they have other laws and rules as they are armed forces. Cristina didn't create a decree for them, this only applies to the armed services (i'm not sure of the translation, it is fuerzas de seguridad, security forces).

The BA Herald described this as a mutiny.
Who writes their articles?
It's not a mutiny, but I think many are surprised that they have reacted in this way.
And I don't think it would be incorrect to assume that most caserole followers will indeed be rubbing their hands in glee. Let's face it, the boys in blue would almost certainly be on the side of the people in any further caserolazos.
My soon to be Argentine wife dryly commented that she hopes the Army don't get involved in this.

Dipoots said:
Very soon after arriving to Argentina, I realized something... Argentina has too many lawyers. This is reflected in the insane amount of paperwork for the most admin stuff.

I think this is one of those Chicken and the Egg situations - Did the paperwork come about due to the amount of lawyers, or did the lawyers come about due to the amount of paperwork?

I am actually scared over this situation, I have a really really bad feeling about how this is going to go down.......I HOPE I am wrong.......

Gringoboy said:
The BA Herald described this as a mutiny.
Who writes their articles?.

The BA Herald is known for being part of the K media monopoly. They are very dependent on the Fed K Gov for their ad revenue$.

Wander said:
So you want to speak for everybody on this site by saying that no one is interested in this BS! Reek of towing the party line? What did you start the post for anyway? I'm not disagreeing with anyone on this site and the general feeling of the postings were that no one was really sure what is happening anyway.

I know the government were going to give pay rises to the lowest ranks in the prefectura and at the same time cut top ranking officials high salaries. There was a mistake with these payments (done by the Human Resources department of the Prefectura) and instead of increases in salaries they cut them) This caused the Prefectura to protest, they were supported by the Gendarmería. The Security minister solved the problem with the payments some hours ago but they remain in the street. Any Military movement in the street as big as this has to be watched carefully and the causes of why they are there have to be known in full before we can take any conclusions. It still smells Fishy to me and yes there are people rubbing their hands, and that is not towing the party line but defending Democracy!

No I haven't decided for everyone on this forum, I have decided for this thread I started that your BS does not add anything to the discussion.

Why did I start the thread? For people to discuss, not write stupid one liners that are generic and tow the party line. Good thing is, you did elaborate after I called you out. Your second post, while laughable, was miles better than your first.

So according to you, it's an accounting error. That simple? Nothing else going on? And the national government replaces the heads of the Prefectura and the Border Guard?

Defending democracy? Lets not get carried away, shall we? Calm your horses. No one is threatening this pseudo democracy of yours just yet.

On another note, the "demands" these protesters are making are unrealistic. Like I said before, the government made a stupid move in this economic climate.
But that's something I have come to expect of CFK and her cronies.

Every time the government does something incredibly stupid, people complain. Being completely inept (not to mention vainglorious and thin-skinned), the government has no idea how to get itself out of the hole it's just dug itself into without mussing up it's collective coif. It has no idea how to administrate. So the complaints go unheeded and the problem festers. Having no solution, the government either shoots the messenger, or starts jumping up and down screaming about golpistas and destituyentes, or goes shopping. It's pathetic.

But it's getting to the point where their own malfeasance will fulfill the prophesy. We're dealing with a very powerful child. Set firm limits, let her know her behavior is not OK. But also make sure she doesn't hurt herself. If she hurts herself, she will hurt everyone. So I really hope the uniformed officers all go back to the barracks and get a good night's sleep.

This place is bat-shit crazy.

Back