Preliminary Results Of Videla´s Autopsy Revealed

PaulBee

Registered
:) "Judiciary authorities today revealed the preliminary results of the autopsy practiced on the body of dictator Jorge Rafael Videla, who died last Friday in prison at age 87.
His family is expected to meet Federal Judge Juan Pablo Salas today and be notified about these results.
According to the report, Videla had a “traumatic death” as he fell in the shower five days before he passed away. That fall had provoked numerous fractures, aggravated by the consumption of anticoagulant medication which caused an internal bleeding that led to a heart attack, the report added.
Last Friday, Videla was found inside his cell at the Marcos Paz prison, “with no pulse or pupil reaction.” That was the initial report unveiled Friday by the Federal Penitentiary Service.
Videla, icon of probably the worst era of Argentina’s history, died in prison where he was serving multiple life sentences for different crimes, among them, the systematic theft of babies during the dictatorship." From the Buenos Aires Herald.

He was old. Its kind of shocking the number of people his age who go as the result of falls.

So it was the soap in the bathroom after all :cool: , just as I predicted! I don't want to appear ghoulish, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap!

No one is really believing that "fall in the shower" version, right?

I.
...he was serving multiple life sentences for different crimes, among them, the systematic theft of babies during the dictatorship."
I'm wondering what the practice was for the disappeared under President Isabel Peron's reign of terror for the:
(1) Pregnant women who were disappeared, as well as...
_A_ Were they kept alive until they gave birth? ...before being tortured and killed?
_B_ Were they just killed without being allowed to go full term?
_C_ Or did they not kidnap women during that time?

(2) And as for The small children of the people they disappeared. Did they:
_A_ Kidnap them? as was the practice under the dictatorship
_B_ Kill them? ...or...
_C_ Did they leave them to be raised by the the family/friends of family who found them?

Perhaps all this information is readily available in books that I've never read, but it's definitely not discussed in the open like the actions taken once the dictatorship took over.

II.
He was old. Its kind of shocking the number of people his age who go as the result of falls.

My grandmother can be added to this list. She was about 89 to 90. The blood clot induced heart attack got her a few days later. So it happens so often that it is a believable story.

My grandmother can be added to this list. She was about 89 to 90. The blood clot induced heart attack got her a few days later. So it happens so often that it is a believable story.

The article says he was taking ANTIcoagulant. No blood clot in Videla. "Numerous fractures..." though. Sounds like he slipped in the shower again...and again...and again..and ", well, you get what I think happened. Someone beat the crap out of him.

The article says he was taking ANTIcoagulant. No blood clot in Videla. "Numerous fractures..." though. Sounds like he slipped in the shower again...and again...and again..and ", well, you get what I think happened. Someone beat the crap out of him.
Yes, I see what you're saying now. It seems a little late in the game for this to have happened, but yeah... he's dead.

Yes, I see what you're saying now. It seems a little late in the game for this to have happened, but yeah... he's dead.

Nope, not really "too late" in the game. Three possible reasons for someone to have killed him now.

1. "Bragging rights" in saying I killed Videla. Maybe another prisoner did him in.
2. Personal vendetta. Maybe a guard (or another prisoner) had a friend/family member that disappeared during Videla's term and this was revenge.
3. (My favorite) Videla was getting ready to tell everything he knew about America's involvement in the terror during the Dirty War and American operatives did him in (or contracted the job).

Back