Preparing to go to colonia for 7th time! Eek!!

esllou

Registered
about to do my seventh run to the land of lighthouses, stray dogs and damn expensive lunches. :D

anyone been in last month or so? Any real, visible signs of crackdowns?

I'm actually nervous this time :eek:

Bajo_cero2 said:
Why should you go? Just stay irregular! If you want to be crash test dummie, it`s up to you. Regards

I need to go to europe in february and if I leave EZE having stayed here 7 months on a 3-month visa, there's a higher chance they'll tell me not to bother coming back. After I return from that europe trip in late Feb, I think I'm then just going to stay here and be done with all these colonia hops. But this is the last one I think I need to make.

does that make sense? :)

I ended up going to Montevideo via Colonia and I had no problems when I left Buenos Aires despite having an overstay situation. I used the midnight ferry though so perhaps they were too tired to bother.

Well it is not as easy as simply staying. I am going to Sao Paulo on wednesday, my 88th day. and something like my 170th in total. Obviously I want to come back and stay another 3 months a week later. So I am interested in the buzz on that topic as well.

Also, one big difference I see between overstaying and risking re-entries:
Overstaying, you are clearly breaking the law.
When you leave the country every 90 days, you are in a grey zone. What you are doing is not perfectly legal but as long as they give you your stamp it is not ilegal either.

Obviously both have their ups and downs, but I prefer the second one since I am not totally f***ed if they don't let me in (eventhough it would really suck of course).

I've left Ezeiza with an expired tourist visa (just had to sign a paper and pay the fine) and then came back to Argentina a month later with no problems. This was about 3 years ago, not sure if much has changed. I doubt it.

Hellek said:
Well it is not as easy as simply staying. I am going to Sao Paulo on wednesday, my 88th day. and something like my 170th in total. Obviously I want to come back and stay another 3 months a week later. So I am interested in the buzz on that topic as well.

Also, one big difference I see between overstaying and risking re-entries:
Overstaying, you are clearly breaking the law.
When you leave the country every 90 days, you are in a grey zone. What you are doing is not perfectly legal but as long as they give you your stamp it is not ilegal either.

Obviously both have their ups and downs, but I prefer the second one since I am not totally f***ed if they don't let me in (eventhough it would really suck of course).

You are breaking the law in both cases. The desnaturalization of the tourist visa makes you deportable and the migration inspector might deny your entry. If you stay irregular you pay the fine and that`s it. If they deny your entry you might solve it throught habeas corpus in both cases. So, read decreto 616-2010.
Regards

Back