Preparing to Radicar

JessePB3

Registered
So, I have my official, full-page birth certificate from Connecticut, and I've just received my FBI criminal record stating "no arrests". Both of these docs are stamped or "apostilled."

My FBI criminal record has a "Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation" apostille. My Birth Certificate has a "Connecticut Department of Public Health" apostille. Do I need any further stamping/certifications?

What's my next step? Go to Argentina, and head to Migraciones? My wife and baby are in Cordoba, but I usually stop through BA and visit my mother and brtoher in law. Is one Migraciones better than the other, BA or Cordoba?

How long does it usually take to get residency?

Any help/stories of radicaciones would be great. Thanks!

Before you go to migraciones you need to get the FBI report, your birth certificate, and possibly your passport translated and legalized in Argentina. They are OK as you described them. I hope migraciones accepts an FBI report that was issued while you were still in the USA and are bringing with you (see Ashley's post below). You also need the Argentina criminal records check as well as several other documents that are probably also in or only available in Cordoba: wife's DNI, marriage or baby's birth certificate, and the certificado domicilio. You also need time to get the translations done and migraciones in Cordoba may be more accepting of the FBI report than migraciones in BA.

If you are applying for permanent residency based on marriage, this thread should provide useful information: Residency after marriage.

Here is Ashley's post:

Ashley said:
I just did this last month - I now have my precaria and am awaiting my dni (a few stray documents they then decided I need renewed pending!).
You need:

Passport + photocopy of your passport (every single page, even the blank ones) + translated and stamped by a "traductor publico" (costs about 120 pesos) and "legalised" in the Colegio de traductores (costs about 40).

Birth Certificate with an apostille (translated and legalised as above - the apostille must also be translated)

Police check in your country of birth, apostilled (translated and legalised as above) - if you revisit the country while waiting or after it has already been issued, it is automatically invalidated (I'm having to get mine done again cause they missed this when I originally applied :S)

Police check here (at the Ministerio de Justicia - it costs about 50 pesos)

A stamped, official copy of your Marriage certificate (NOT the libreta familiar)

A photocopy of your partner's DNI (every single page)

A certificado de domicilio (You get this from the police station nearest to your house)

600 peso visa fee

I think that's it. When you have all the papers together, you then need to get an appointment at immigrations - You can book one on their webpage, you normally have to wait a month or so.

This gets you permanent residency - I was told it doesn't have to be renewed
Hope this helps!

Thank you Steve. I hope my FBI report will be OK, too. I think it was the Argentine Consulate in Los Angeles that told me I need to apply for residency within 60 days of receiving my FBI criminal report. Chau!

As for where to apply. I believe you have to apply where you live. So if you are going to live in Cordoba you need to apply there. You will also need a local police report.

Back