Prepay cell phones increasing

If you have to use the cards, it's best to put minutes on when they have those 2 for 1 (or occasionally 3-1) deals. So if you buy a 100 peso card, you get 200 pesos worth of credit. I know Movistar does them several times a month, I have never had Claro or the other carriers but assume they do something similar.

I got a claro pre-paid sim & tried to txt/sms some friends overseas - it wouldn't go through - I asked @ a few of the Claro stores but couldn't find out what problem was - I added more credit just in case ...

Finally @ one of their stores someone phoned " head office " turns out they have don't have agreements in place with some countries. So for example with Claro you can not txt/sms someone in Thailand ....

I just got a Personal Sim today - LOL

Personal gives free unlimited texts for 3 days every time you refill for at least 20 pesos. I always do 20 pesos and usually try to refill on thursday or friday right before the weekend when I text the most.

citygirl said:
If you have to use the cards, it's best to put minutes on when they have those 2 for 1 (or occasionally 3-1) deals. So if you buy a 100 peso card, you get 200 pesos worth of credit. I know Movistar does them several times a month, I have never had Claro or the other carriers but assume they do something similar.
I just did this today. ($30 gets me $60) And there are also a couple of deals that have to do with paying $6 for 60 minutes of talk time or $9 for 5 days unlimited to one number.

irish_john said:
I got a claro pre-paid sim & tried to txt/sms some friends overseas - it wouldn't go through - I asked @ a few of the Claro stores but couldn't find out what problem was - I added more credit just in case ...

Finally @ one of their stores someone phoned " head office " turns out they have don't have agreements in place with some countries. So for example with Claro you can not txt/sms someone in Thailand ....

I just got a Personal Sim today - LOL
I was under the impression that NONE of the phone companies allow pre-paid phones to text overseas. (No LOL because I don't LOL except in person.)

A text right now is about US$0.075/txt. That's not that bad. And really it's just half that (US$0.0375/txt) when you get two for one deals. That's pretty damned cheap if you ask me.

Why using a phone to send a messge overseas? Why not simply using email, more convenient and free...There is no need of instantaneity with people so far away. :eek:

Back