President Milei flew to Davos on a commercial airline

D.B. Cooper

Registered
When I heard this I was curious because he was very critical of Aerolineas Argentinas. The flagship carrier of Argentina.
Then I found out he flew on Lufthansa. I think he would have gotten lousy service from the flight attendants on AA.
I’ve flown AA many times but never Lufthansa. President Milei is slightly paranoid and has to have his food tasted by aides before eating it himself.

When I heard this I was curious because he was very critical of Aerolineas Argentinas. The flagship carrier of Argentina.
Then I found out he flew on Lufthansa. I think he would have gotten lousy service from the flight attendants on AA.
I’ve flown AA many times but never Lufthansa. President Milei is slightly paranoid and has to have his food tasted by aides before eating it himself.
If anything, it was cheaper. I've never flown to Europe with Aerolíneas, because they are often among the most expensive carriers. Lufthansa is the cheapest at the moment.

Lufthansa are good much better than any of the American Airlines I’ve flown.
You get to fly on the 747-800 which has a very nice upper deck if you are in business.

Lufthansa are good much better than any of the American Airlines I’ve flown.
You get to fly on the 747-800 which has a very nice upper deck if you are in business.
OK, that's way above my league, but also downstairs isn't bad. I wanted to buy business during covid, because it was really cheap, only twice more than economy, but couldn't force myself. It's still money I can use for days of vacations.

If anything, it was cheaper. I've never flown to Europe with Aerolíneas, because they are often among the most expensive carriers. Lufthansa is the cheapest at the moment.
That's what's so weird about Aerolineas Argentinas, poor quality soft and hard product while often the most expensive internationally. I have to travel to the Caribbean for a wedding and it was over 2 MILLION pesos with them in economy vs. like 300K w/Copa. Insanity.

Typical Argentine economics, rather not sell anything than lower the price despite the fact that the plane has to go either way...

OK, that's way above my league, but also downstairs isn't bad. I wanted to buy business during covid, because it was really cheap, only twice more than economy, but couldn't force myself. It's still money I can use for days of vacations.
I was supposed to go to a conference last year in Europe and business was the same as economy, $1,800, sometimes they have pretty good deals from here

Exactly! I flew with every European carrier that flyes here in last decade, except level, because all of them were the cheapest option at some point. Almost 10 different companies, but never were aerolíneas even close. Usually even delta and Canadian were cheaper. Never understood if they just didn't update their strategy to new millennium or they really have crazy customer base, that will always fly with them... I guess it's first.

Regarding 1800, that place you into premium economy, means all promo were sold already, but few business seats. Still is a steal, although my option was only 1400 euros versus 650 euros flexible. And I didn't buy it. Lately I see those above 6k...

I worked for American Airlines 37 years. Typically the airlines all have interline agreements offering discounts for other airlines’ employees. Aerolíneas Argentina is one of the only ones who offers no discounts to other airline employees not in their SkyTeam network.
Aerolíneas literally hates American. No cooperation. This is what we charge (take it or leave it).

Exactly! I flew with every European carrier that flyes here in last decade, except level, because all of them were the cheapest option at some point. Almost 10 different companies, but never were aerolíneas even close. Usually even delta and Canadian were cheaper. Never understood if they just didn't update their strategy to new millennium or they really have crazy customer base, that will always fly with them... I guess it's first.

Regarding 1800, that place you into premium economy, means all promo were sold already, but few business seats. Still is a steal, although my option was only 1400 euros versus 650 euros flexible. And I didn't buy it. Lately I see those above 6k...
I've flown Old TAM, Old LAN, AC, New LatAm, Flybondi, GOL, Turkish, Ethiopia, and United so far internationally from/to EZE/AEP and often on routes Aerolineas also flies, and never once was Aerolineas cheaper. Considering these routes are 100% dollarized, I don't get their "logic" in flying them empty, but apparently they do none the less; maybe this will change when there's no more direct transfers from the BCRA?

And I noticed the same thing, foolish me thought this year I'd be able to snag the same deal, I'm seeing nothing under 4K USD. I. have to go to a client's conference later this year in Spain and they're paying, for economy tickets only though. I'm tempted to just have them pay the business class tickets from São Paulo since it will be the same as economy from here and I'll buy a flight to GRU myself.

Macri also used to fly commercial long-haul (Air France too, if I recall)

What struck me as kind of interesting as that despite flying Lufthansa, that has a much nicer First Class cabin, the head of state opted "only" to go in Business Class. And would imagine that Lufthansa would offer an upgrade for him as a commercial gesture to the government given the "prestige" factor of carrying their business..

(Which by the way, is a grossly outdated and sub-standard product compared to nearly all the competitors flying between Buenos Aires and Europe except Aerolineas... even British Airways, KLM, Air France and Iberia give you a private suite with closing doors in Business these days).

Back