Presidential Transition

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1852361-scioli-hubiese-sido-un-honor-recibir-los-atributos-en-el-congreso

Scioli says he would have agreed to accept the ceremony in the Congress. That might be precisely why Macri won.

I am not at all convinced that Scioli is a bad guy, but he definitely would have had to live under CFK's thumb. He would essentially be used as a Medvedev. That alone is bad enough.

I am not at all convinced that Scioli is a bad guy,...

I actually felt pretty good about Scioli and the idea that he might have broken away from CFK to be his own man. He's intelligent enough to know that, in many ways, the direction of the last five years has not been good for Argentina.

But the guy is sadly lacking in charisma - and perhaps common sense.

I actually felt pretty good about Scioli and the idea that he might have broken away from CFK to be his own man. He's intelligent enough to know that, in many ways, the direction of the last five years has not been good for Argentina.

But the guy is sadly lacking in charisma - and perhaps common sense.

Agreed. He has to date never shown any ability nor inclination to break free of his political patrons.

Seeing in the past few weeks just how far CFK is willing to go - both with Macri as well as within internal PJ politics - does anybody think Scioli could emerge as his own man? Or even go as far as Randazzo? Who, it must be pointed out, can only go as far as he is now doing, because he has nothing to lose. But still, he seemed to have sharper political instincts - which is probably exactly why he was passed over in favor of Scioli.

Again: Cristina plans on returning to power. Viewed through that lens, all of her behaviour starts to make sense. Scioli was chosen to pull a Medvedev - to keep her seat warm.

To break free of that, he would have to commit political treason on a scale nobody imagines him doing.

Seeing in the past few weeks just how far CFK is willing to go - both with Macri as well as within internal PJ politics - does anybody think Scioli could emerge as his own man?

I don't think so. I also thought Scioli might have had the ability to break out from under her thumb, but the last 3 weeks of his campaign, and his actions since, show that he was pretty weak in that regard. Its a good thing he didn't win. I'm also disappointed that he so mismanaged the province that he's handed it over to Vidal with many problems, and no money in the coffers. While he's been all smiles at the press events with Vidal, he should be explaining why there isn't any money left to pay the workers. Randazzo, on the other hand, has been consistent, and seemingly a class act. No wonder he is a pariah with the K's.

Please, can you add some paramaters about the concept "normal or accepted profile" ? Some examples of normal leaders would help to understand that your are not just critcizing style, making an aesthetic judgement that cant be confused with pathological behaviour or a soul full of evil.

First, she is not evil. Second, I believe she wanted the best for her country. Third, most of her reactions were in line what argentinos expect from their leaders and how many old women are in general in this country (nothing bad, just different).

Still, one time in the company of few psychologists here (majority pro k, the others undecided), came to lively discussion, what might be her problem, and they all agreed on trastorno bipolar. Not enough for lithium, but enough to win elections and behave in megalomaniac way. Although I am familiar with the field, these are not my words, but can agree.

Now all this is more visible and we can follow all en vivo.

About normal, there is all specter of politicians behaving in expected way even here, but if you are coming from abroad, her faults are visible even more.

Miki,she might not be evil, which in itself is a misunderstood and overused word, but she definitely needs serious therapy.
I'm only glad she was barred from running this time round.

I had a strange dream last night about Macri and Cristina in a Star Wars universe.

Cristina was Luke, Zannini made a stunning princess Leia, Wado de Pedro was Hans and Aníbal's moustache was Chewbacca.

On the dark side, Macri was Darth Vader, the US the Emperor.

Cristina was always in a trance in the force, which was the Campora, and kept looking to Obi Wan (Nestór) and Yoda (Hugo Chávez) for guidance.

It all ended with a kick-ass presidential baton light-saber battle where Cristina lost a hand and Macri tore off his mask and threw her down a shaft.

I had a strange dream last night about Macri and Cristina in a Star Wars universe.

Cristina was Luke, Zannini made a stunning princess Leia, Wado de Pedro was Hans and Aníbal's moustache was Chewbacca.

On the dark side, Macri was Darth Vader, the US the Emperor.

Cristina was always in a trance in the force, which was the Campora, and kept looking to Obi Wan (Nestór) and Yoda (Hugo Chávez) for guidance.

It all ended with a kick-ass presidential baton light-saber battle where Cristina lost a hand and Macri tore off his mask and threw her down a shaft.

That's great, except for the part where I imagined Zannini in the metal bikini.

Parrili's head nearly exploded when he faced the press just now, insisting that the country will be without a president for 12 hours. A golpe de estado, in his words.
No questions of course.
She won't go to either Congress or Casa Rosada now.
Oh dear...

Back