Presidential Transition

Everybody must be in suspense wondering how this is going to play out.
"Va a asumir en la Rosada, el que lo decide es Mauricio Macri. Lo que puede pasar es que ella no venga, tampoco se la puede obligar. A esta altura podemos esperar cualquier cosa"

A historical document for the files Maximo sworn as a Diputado....! his lines before swearing " for those who never gave in, for those that don't give in, for those that will never give in" :) Google translation.

http://www.infobae.c...cia-felipe-sola

Everybody must be in suspense wondering how this is going to play out.
"Va a asumir en la Rosada, el que lo decide es Mauricio Macri. Lo que puede pasar es que ella no venga, tampoco se la puede obligar. A esta altura podemos esperar cualquier cosa"
What's the source of this quote?

This could turn into an inaugural ceremony choreographed by the Marx Brothers. She's in the Congress, holding out the sash, letting it drop to the floor. Meanwhile, he's at the Casa Rosada, finds a silver baton laying on the floor, says "nice!" And starts playing with it.

Maybe Harpo could then chase cfk out of Congress with his ooga-horn.

Hard to imagine this getting more bizzare than it is.

(OK. Did it again. Admin, are you messin' wid me?)
"B" + ")" = "B)" on most forums - it's BB Code (a system of pre-defined characters the user can use for formatting and such in the text of comments for forums) for making that particular smiley without having to choose it from the smiley list in the editor's menus :) Makes for a mess when someone wants to do a simple lettered list hehe

The Queen is dead, Long live the King !!!
I've got my fireworks ready... Gonna shoot them off from my balcony when its all said & done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LpMB1OZ53g

Do you really believe that in 6 hours, each and every item on the agenda was thoughtfully and critically addressed?
Do you sign contracts without reading them thoroughly?
Doesn't matter what the [benign] title of the law is; it is the clauses contained within that may/may not be exploited by sketchy politicians/lawyers/judges.
This is irresponsible bullshit.
Laws are approved in comission before enter to the hall just for to be voted. Everything is read before.

Congratulations from Calabria Mayor MicheleTripodi, for Presidente Macri. Also from his native city Polistena (2000 inha.?)

http://www.giornaled...ria.it/?p=37389

[font=Helvetica Neue']“Con le più vive congratulazioni, a nome della comunità di Polistena – conclude Tripodi – formuliamo al neo presidente argentino Mauricio Macri, gli auguri più sinceri di buon lavoro, sperando di poterlo, da presidente, ricevere qui, ancora una volta in quei luoghi che non si potranno mai cancellare perché appartengono alla storia della famiglia Macri e di ognuno di noi”.[/font]

Laws are approved in comission before enter to the hall just for to be voted. Everything is read before.
That's what most congresses in democracies around the world do when presenting legislation to be seriously considered. Is that what happened in this case? Maybe so, since they couldn't get a quorum at first to attend for the voting (maybe because they knew what was coming, having seen it, or maybe they just had heard about it and even refused to read it?), but I didn't think about that specific thing when reading about it previously and don't remember that being mentioned.

Were the proposed laws (how many was it? Around a 90 or 100) indeed distributed after passing the commission, in time to be read and discussed, challenged and championed before even calling for a quorum? Were they modified at all during the political process to meet with compromises the opposition might want (after all, isn't that what democracies are about?) or did she just know she'd have a quorum and didn't care about "democratic niceties" or "procedural matters" or worry about "getting feedback from the opposition"?

I surely didn't hear or read anything about that part, just that Cristina had to somehow get 3 opposition members to come in for the vote because she couldn't get all of her coalition's support to put enough voters together to have a quorum. "Somehow" - am I saying that she paid them off? I wouldn't make such an accusation without good proof. I might speculate. I did read that one of the guys who came in from the opposition was getting something for his constituency that was included in the list, but i don't remember what that was or who it was.

I don't care what democratic country we're talking about. I would get beyond what is "legal" when it comes to transfers of power and think also about what is moral. I think that it is extremely bad form, and quite against democratic (notice I didn't say "legal") principles for the party or coalition who has lost the people's mandate to pass a bunch of laws at the last minute unless there is some dire emergency such as the country is at war and there's no time to wait. The incumbent should accept this loss of mandate by preparing his or her office for a smooth transition of power to the next administration so that they can take up the reigns quickly and efficiently. This is good politics, honorable action and part of the democratic process, when thinking about the good of those they serve (not those who serve them!).

I could understand this if Scioli had won. There is not necessarily a loss of mandate in such a situation. The only thing that would have kept the sitting president from running again legally (this is a good place for actual legalities) is the term limit and since they are the same party, one could make a reasonable argument that the people were saying "we want the FpV management of Argentina to continue." I would still expect the sitting president to consult with the president-elect about what is going on, but keep working if the people say they like what's going on.

To me, Cristina was sticking it to democracy and the majority of Argentina by causing this to happen. And does anyone think this was just a rush of brotherhood by the FpV, a spontaneous list of "good works" that had just been lying around in various lawmaker's desks, all come together at once as if by magic? Nah, Cristina brags about what "she" does and what effect her rule has on the country. She seems to be a classic narcissist personality. This was her doing carried out by her minions in defiance of democratic moralistic principles.

Back