Presumed Guilty Of Domestic Service Evasion....!! A F I P

I have a maid who comes once a week fro 4-5 hours to clean the house I own. What am I supposed to do?

You must prove to the AFIP ... that you did not have a maid ... otherwise you Pay You have the "Burden of the Guilt" a legal maneuver in Argentina El Peso de la Culpa. If you own the house you must pay if it's worth more than $300,000.. Never mind the maid.

If it's less than 6 hours a week, you are not obligated to pay taxes on her/him. If your maid comes more than 6hours a week, it's a simple form that you take to rapipago and pay the monthly tax on them and give your employee the receipt. It's minimal - depending on the amount of hours a week, you pay from 20 pesos to 100 a month. Of course aguinaldo, vacation, etc.

If it's less than 6 hours a week, you are not obligated to pay taxes on her/him. If your maid comes more than 6hours a week, it's a simple form that you take to rapipago and pay the monthly tax on them and give your employee the receipt. It's minimal - depending on the amount of hours a week, you pay from 20 pesos to 100 a month. Of course aguinaldo, vacation, etc.

Your statement is before or after today's decree in the Official Gazette, Ley 26,063!! The amount to pay for domestics goes from $95 to $135 . per month. If the maid is in Whjte legal need not pay...! Anyhow If Mariposa owns the house should pay due to net worth effect.

Must revert the Burden of the Guilt...!!

la Ley 26.063 estableció “presunciones en materia de seguridad social” a partir de la existencia “de determinados indicios que evidencian la utilización de trabajo humano prestado bajo relación de dependencia”.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If it's less than 6 hours a week, you are not obligated to pay taxes on her/him. If your maid comes more than 6hours a week, it's a simple form that you take to rapipago and pay the monthly tax on them and give your employee the receipt. It's minimal - depending on the amount of hours a week, you pay from 20 pesos to 100 a month. Of course aguinaldo, vacation, etc.[/background]

Citygirl,

it now looks like you have to go to AFIP to declare that you don't employ a maid for more than 5 hours, otherwise they assume that you do and tax you accordingly. Am I right???

Well, i dont understand why so much scandal.

How do you engorce the labor low about mucamas?

Normally the work police make an inspection and fine you in 80.000 pesos but, if you put the employeds in white, you pay 300 pesos fine.

But mucamas work at your home, and it is protected by the constitution. And the SC precedents are more or less alike the US.

So, i think that this afip decree is razonable.

Oftentimes it's the worker that wants to be en negro... if they are on government assistance it doesn't always work in their favor to declare their work status or income. And these days an employer would have to be crazy to hire someone en negro given all that can go wrong. As soon as you let them go (or before, should they feel like it) they can turn around and sue you, claim anything they want, and you end up paying a lot more than the minimum legal wage.

And anyone who owns a yacht or personal jet is going to have a lot more than just one maid.... do they assume you have a cook and laundry person, too? These might be reasonable assumptions for people living in the lap of luxury, but what if you're simply high middle class and do your own housework - how can you prove that you don't have any help? It's an odd assumption to make and I wonder who they're targeting.

Meanwhile , on new taxes and ckf money grab , All owners of boats , sail or power , any size and registered , must pay $80 additional pesos on top of the vessels registration. This is to fund , well , whatever they decide to fund.

For maids , it seems very difficult to enforce this.

AFIP yesterday afternoon "redefined" their new rule: now you have to have and income of over 500,000 pesos annually AND have a property of more than 305,000 pesos. Big difference. But without a doubt more shoes will be dropping...

Mariposa,

Do absolutely nothing different than what you have been doing.

This is a headline designed to help explain the gov'ts inspection of even more elements of the lives of the citizens. Enforcement is another thing here in AR. When and if some enforcement happens, then the appropriate plan of action will become apparent.

In other words, don't worry until someone knocks on your door.

What the citizens should be worried about is the voting in October. I sense a change in the tide myself. Here is Recoleta, there were lines at the desks to apply for the documentation for voting (the window of time slammed shut on April 1). Everyone in the line was under 18--the new voters. I sense that mom and dad have had enough and are hoping to rely on the new voters to help change the tsunami of rules that are making life uncomfortable.

Interestingly enough, I just finished reading 'Waiting for Snow in Havana' (confessions of a cuban boyhood) by Carlos Eire. The book tells the story of the changes that happened there, step by step, when Castro took over. There are some interesting parallels to be found here in AR today.

I have a copy if anyone should like to borrow it.

Back