Pretzels + Bagels

These websites both look good...but I'd like to try one or two before dropping 50 or so pesos on a dozen... (which I'd have to end up freezing :( ) It's a shame there is no physical bakery where you can go to try. Just a thought...

Ashley said:
These websites both look good...but I'd like to try one or two before dropping 50 or so pesos on a dozen... (which I'd have to end up freezing :( ) It's a shame there is no physical bakery where you can go to try. Just a thought...

That's why I haven't tried any of them yet either. The QuieroBagels link says their bagels are precooked & frozen anyway. So, freezing those won't change anything.... If that's the type of bagel you want.

Maybe we could do a group order! LOL. :D

I've ordered from Tribeca Bagels twice in the past week. They are the f*cking bomb. The onion bagels are currently my favorite. I'm pretty sure they are made fresh.

Haven't tried Bagelazo or Quierobagel yet.

Can you pick up one or two bagels at Tribeca or can you only order from them? Their orders are $50 minimum. Ok, you don't just have to buy bagels you can get other stuff, but I just want a couple bagels!! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually order a dozen bagels and some Chocolate chip cookies to reach the $ 50 peso mark and then I give half of the bagels away. :(

I don't think they have a storefront so I don't think you can go pick them up. You should give them a call and ask if they are willing to do a smaller order.

mini said:
Can you pick up one or two bagels at Tribeca or can you only order from them? Their orders are $50 minimum. Ok, you don't just have to buy bagels you can get other stuff, but I just want a couple bagels!! :D

We went to Le Ble on Dorrego and they have bagels that you can buy by the piece. I forgot to buy them on the way out. So I don't know if they are good.

No, Tribeca does not have a store, only delivery. I might have a list of places from them that they deliver them to (other stores). If I find it, I'll share the locations to go try one.

I have had quierobagels a few times now and while they are not Ess-A-Bagels (for those NY'ers out there) they really did fill the bagel void. They do come frozen and are slightly undercooked (purposely) so stick them in the oven for awhile and soon you will have a warm, freshly baked bagel.

Don't forget the cream cheese and if you want lox. . .be sure to get the salmon ahumado fresca from JUMBO (don't bother with the packaged stuff in most of the supermercados). Throw on some red onion, tomato and a few capers. . and it will remind you of Sunday brunch in NYC!!

Knowing that I am from NYC and have quite a strong opinion about bagels, Diego the owner is always asking me for ways he can improve his recipe and make them more like Ess-A-Bagel.

I highly recommend them!! Good thing I have some in the freezer because now all this bagel talk has made me hungry!!

Buen Provecho!!

Back