Price Discrimination V. Non-Argentines

ajoknoblauch

Registered
Something that has always irked me, everywhere in the country: http://tinyurl.com/lurvm76

This is not unique to Argentina. I have been in quite a few countries in the world where nationals pay heavily discounted prices for such things, and foreigners pay the full price.

Even in Western Europe (Spain comes to mind, among other countries) there are a range of cultural institutions and events where the admission for EU passport holders is lot less than for citizens of non-European countries.

Even in USA/Western Europe, their is a huge difference in university tution fees paid by locals as compared to foreigners!

You cant just go and live anywhere u feel like, and hope to get 100% advantages which a local gets after spending all his/her life there!

And Argentina is not exactly going country to country, trying to promote cultural tourism ,yes? aka some other countries?

C'mon , be reasonable.

Ceviche is correct in California the college tuition, for Americans non residents of the State, is Much higher :cool:

Foreigners visiting museums and national parks in the US pay exactly the same as US citizens. In the US, you can also buy a national parks pass that gives you admission to all parks, to everyone in the vehicle, which is a tremendous bargain.

Something that has always irked me, everywhere in the country: http://tinyurl.com/lurvm76

The Colon thing doesn't bother me that much since its just a guided tour and an English speaking tour guide is probably more expensive than a non english speaking tour guide. Now if the tickets were more expensive for foreigners then I would really be pissed.

i think its totally justified, I understand why Argentines would be paying less for local flights and tourism. Egypt also has prices for the residents and way higher prices for the foreigners, which I've always found fair. the country runs on tourism and most of the locals make a very low wage, so they shouldn't be paying the same has the tourists that are visiting.

Cuba is an example where Cubans can rent summer homes at prices that are accessible to profesonals that make $US10 per month, not available to foreigners.

Back