Price Discrimination V. Non-Argentines

The Colon thing doesn't bother me that much since its just a guided tour and an English speaking tour guide is probably more expensive than a non english speaking tour guide. Now if the tickets were more expensive for foreigners then I would really be pissed.

Oh you think the tour guide who can speak English gets paid more??!! Ha

Cuba is an example where Cubans can rent summer homes at prices that are accessible to profesonals that make $US10 per month, not available to foreigners.

Considering that they earn the equivalent of 20 USD per month more than fair ... also those summer homes will probably no have the kind of standard a typical tourist would expect.

The Colon thing doesn't bother me that much since its just a guided tour and an English speaking tour guide is probably more expensive than a non english speaking tour guide. Now if the tickets were more expensive for foreigners then I would really be pissed.

A few years ago the Colon charged foreigners double the normal price for Colon tickets. It was a failure and they reverted to charging the same price. Of course if you pay with a foreign credit card or on line from abroad you pay the official rate. I went to the box office last week and was told that the ticket I wanted to Otello was almost $1,200 pesos -- not outrageous by American or European standards but still too much in my opinion for a country like Argentina.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The Herald is leading the way since we have to pay to read this article.[/background]

Huh? I read it free online.

Back