Prices

AlexfromLA said:
If you can't afford this city, you should leave. No need to rain on everybody else's parade.

I will leave you with a quote my friend said after taking a look at this forum

"Wow, You don't need to troll them, they troll themselves.":)

Poor folks belong in the provinces. Cities are for people who can afford them. Just saying.

AlexfromLA said:
If you can't afford this city, you should leave. No need to rain on everybody else's parade.

I don't really see people complaining, or saying that they can't afford BA, on this thread. Folks are just pointing out the obvious insane inflation over the past ten years in Argentina. And if I were Argentine, and making 3000 pesos a month, I'd be pretty damn concerned about it myself.

Alex, you got a lot of fight in you, champ. Here, I'll pick one with you: LA sucks. The entire world would be better off if the Big One gets shaking already and sinks that sprawling mess into the Pacific already. LA's biggest exports--crappy movies and nasty people--certainly wouldn't be missed. :p

If you don't see the constant complaining on this thread and this forum in general you are blind.

That's all I read every time I get on here " oh boo, eating out is getting expensive, its all the kirchners fault ". I would like to say " well if eating out is too expensive for you here, then move to a cheaper place or stop eating out you fat cow, poor people that are counting nickels should not be eating out anyway ".

Dont worry though, a week from now there will be a new inflation thread where all the poor people can give themselves a group hug.

And I will be sure to post the same message there too.

If you're too poor to live here, then you don't belong here. Either learn to live within your means, make more money or leave.

ssr said:
I don't really see people complaining, or saying that they can't afford BA, on this thread. Folks are just pointing out the obvious insane inflation over the past ten years in Argentina. And if I were Argentine, and making 3000 pesos a month, I'd be pretty damn concerned about it myself.

Everybody knows thats not true so it doesn't bother me.

I'm just glad in LA im not surrounded by all these poor people constantly complaining about not having the financial solvency to enjoy life.

ssr said:
LA sucks. The entire world would be better off if the Big One gets shaking already and sinks that sprawling mess into the Pacific already. LA's biggest exports--crappy movies and nasty people--certainly wouldn't be missed. :p

AlexfromLA said:
......poor people constantly complaining about not having the financial solvency to enjoy life.

You got it all wrong.

People are not complaining about not being able to afford good meals - they are commenting on the inflation rate.

Read the posts again.

And if I were Argentine, and making 3000 pesos a month, I'd be pretty damn concerned about it myself.

Well no, you wouldn't. We are so used to it that it is as we would expect inflation.

What I find particularly worrying is the institutional disaster being caused by this government, the lack of moral, its intolerance, the insecurity and how the government tolerates it. This is what I am concerned about.

Inflation? it has always lived with us.

Eternalnewbie said:
Last week at Kansas, dinner for two (I had ribs, she had filet mignon) .

Kansas finally has ribs again?They were out of ribs for like 3 months...

ssr said:

Alex, you got a lot of fight in you, champ. Here, I'll pick one with you: LA sucks. The entire world would be better off if the Big One gets shaking already and sinks that sprawling mess into the Pacific already. LA's biggest exports--crappy movies and nasty people--certainly wouldn't be missed. :p

Being an L.A. native...yup born and raised and I couldnt agree more...LA is one of the worst big cities Ive ever been to and I've seen alot of 'em,though given the choice between BsAs and LA I'd still take L.A.,if for no other reason than the food and electronics...

BKK to BA said:
Kansas finally has ribs again?They were out of ribs for like 3 months...

I've had them twice in the last 4 weeks, so I don't know; maybe they held some back special just for me.

Back