Private Health Insurance 2019

Lodon2Baires - Could you let us know the final results of your exploration of options when and if you reach that point? Thanks!

Hey, I will do but have slightly paused everything for now. I'll eventually get back to it I suspect, but don't wait up so to speak.

I checked out Hospital Alemania today as well as Medicus. Note that I am 66 years of age. The laughable results of my investigation:

Alemania-no coverage if you are over 64 is offered. I can only assume that some of the posts above reflect someone grandfathered in or....what?

Medicus-only coverage available for someone of my age runs $31,622.39 pesos a month. Yes, you read that correctly. And that with copays, and inpatient coverage at Hospital Sirio Libanes, Sanatorio San Jose and Sanatorio Colegiales. No others.

Tomorrow I will venture out to Hospital Italiano to get more info about what they can offer as regards price, coverage, etc. If I'm not pleased with what they can offer then I'll investigate the free coverage with Cobertura de Salud. A friend is going to sign up with them tomorrow.

I checked out Hospital Alemania today as well as Medicus. Note that I am 66 years of age. The laughable results of my investigation:

Alemania-no coverage if you are over 64 is offered. I can only assume that some of the posts above reflect someone grandfathered in or....what?

Medicus-only coverage available for someone of my age runs $31,622.39 pesos a month. Yes, you read that correctly. And that with copays, and inpatient coverage at Hospital Sirio Libanes, Sanatorio San Jose and Sanatorio Colegiales. No others.

Tomorrow I will venture out to Hospital Italiano to get more info about what they can offer as regards price, coverage, etc. If I'm not pleased with what they can offer then I'll investigate the free coverage with Cobertura de Salud. A friend is going to sign up with them tomorrow.
My wife and I have coverage with Accord Salud, the private arm of Union Personal. UP provides coverage for state employees.

My wife turned 64 in June and at that point her premium jumped from 9K to 12K, and this month she'll pay almost 13k (govt improved increase). Their rates go up at 64, not 65. We are with their top plan, 310, and have no co-pays and can go to Hospital Aleman, Hospital Británico, Sanatorio Anchorena as well as many other private sanatorios.

We have been on the plan for three years, but I don't know if there is a cut off age for initial enrollment. Overall we have been very pleased with the number of options and quality of care. They're very thorough.

Signed up with Cobertura de Salud ..a while ago my doc is from Hosp Italiano...all free including some pharma generic drugs! Had diagnostics, blood work etc fine pretty quick results + free ! If you need quicker diagnostics go to Rossi and pay cash!

My wife turned 64 in June and at that point her premium jumped from 9K to 12K,
Well that increase is absolutely illegal. I had the same thing happen when my husband turned 45 and I filed a formal complaint with Superintendencia de Salud and Medicus had to reimburse us. They can only apply government approved increases.

Signed up with Cobertura de Salud ..a while ago my doc is from Hosp Italiano...all free including some pharma generic drugs! Had diagnostics, blood work etc fine pretty quick results + free ! If you need quicker diagnostics go to Rossi and pay cash!
That is exactly what I am thinking of doing. Thanks for your post Neil.

It was only a couple of years ago my wife and I - aged 74 & 76 - were quoted 12K per at Hospital Alemania (after two interviews). Maybe things have changed? Or who you talk with? Relative well-being? Anyway it was a bridge too far for me. We had no previous experience with the hospital.

Last edited:
Back