Private Health Insurance 2019

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing. Thanks for your post Neil.

Welcome to the Club I have Cobertura Porteña de Salud for at least three years at Hopital Fernandez. Free Medical plus Free Medications..I call 147 for appointments and get to see my doctor in a couple of days. She sees patients in her private practice in Recoleta..

It was only a couple of years ago my wife and I - aged 74 & 76 - were quoted 12K per at Hospital Alemania (after two interviews). Maybe things have changed? Anyway it was a bridge too far for me. We had no previous experience with the hospital.

a couple of years ago we are talking of almost 100 % inflation..!!

Welcome to the Club I have Cobertura Porteña de Salud for at least three years at Hopital Fernandez. Free Medical plus Free Medications..

Hi Rich One,

This plan does not cover emergencies and hospitalizations, right?

Thank you.

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing. Thanks for your post Neil.
Johnny, this one has been closed for subscription for ages, as they ran out of medics and facilities. The alternative is realized via 'centros de salud', and in theory provides the same level of service, coverage, etc. If you call 147 they will tell you which one is closest to you. Unless you want to do it the hard way and google:). Looks like like you decided to stick around and keep us company for a while eh? Suerte.

Johnny, this one has been closed for subscription for ages, as they ran out of medics and facilities. The alternative is realized via 'centros de salud', and in theory provides the same level of service, coverage, etc. If you call 147 they will tell you which one is closest to you. Unless you want to do it the hard way and google:). Looks like like you decided to stick around and keep us company for a while eh? Suerte.
Indeed, if I can rein in my nomadic impulses I could be here for quite awhile. Thanks for the luck.

I want to thank those who have contributed on this thread. I still haven't completely given up on the Hospital Italiano option, but $12,000 pesos versus nada will likely convince me.:)

ah, well, shouldn't we try to be a ted patriotic and contribute to a local economy?

Back