Private Health Insurance 2019

Well that increase is absolutely illegal. I had the same thing happen when my husband turned 45 and I filed a formal complaint with Superintendencia de Salud and Medicus had to reimburse us. They can only apply government approved increases.
According to the law (as I understand it), when you reach 65, if you haven't been with the plan at least ten years, they can raise the rates substantially. Are you saying they can't do that because my wife is not 65 yet?

Indeed, if I can rein in my nomadic impulses I could be here for quite awhile. Thanks for the luck.

I want to thank those who have contributed on this thread. I still haven't completely given up on the Hospital Italiano option, but $12,000 pesos versus nada will likely convince me.:)
For me the quote was in USD ($12,000/year/person) at H. Alemania - just ton be clearer than I was In an earlier post.

Hi Rich One,

This plan does not cover emergencies and hospitalizations, right?

Thank you.

covers everything.. major hospitalization , etc. Is for those that have no other Health Plan

covers everything.. major hospitalization , etc. Is for those that have no other Health Plan

I don't see word "internación" anywhere in the plan description.
Do you know anybody who was actually hospitalized with this plan?

According to the law (as I understand it), when you reach 65, if you haven't been with the plan at least ten years, they can raise the rates substantially. Are you saying they can't do that because my wife is not 65 yet?
6 April 2019

6 September 2019
......So far this year, the prepaid received authorization to increase their fees five times : 5% in February, 7.5% in March, 5.5% in July, 6% in August and 6% in September.

Definitely not. It is considered abusive to increase your payment based on ageing as it is something you could not avoid. It is different when you first hire insurance, they can charge differently based on age, but not when you are a affiliated already. The only increases they can apply are the ones approved by Superintendencia de Salud. You can argue with them over this and they will say it is legal, there is nothing you can do, etc but it is simply not true.

I'd recommend this site instead/as well: https://www.miobrasocial.com.ar They have quite a lot of info.

Have also been looking into OSDEPYM health insurance. They cover empresarios, profesionales and monotributistas.

Ambito just published a short about them today actually: https://www.ambito.com/osdepym-aumento-un-76-la-venta-los-planes-superadores-n5053465

Will update with further info once I have it.

Cheers!
That insurance is a disgrace, and the article you cite is a sponsored commercial. Be careful.

Back