Private Spanish tutor for accent reduction

Fiscal

Registered
Looking for a private tutor for Spanish, I’m fluent but need help with accent reduction. Online or in person, I’m in Soho near Parque 3.

Why don't you get in touch with Dustin Luke? You have expressed admiration for him in the past.

I would but I don't think he offers personal tutoring.

I would but I don't think he offers personal tutoring.
Don't waste your time and money. If you can't mimic or at least improve your accent by simply paying attention to how Rio Platense sounds, there is no chance any tutor will help. Native English speakers are the least likely ones to lose their accent in castellano, next only to asians. Your buddy Dustin fakes it somewhat successfully, but any porten'o will tell you after hearing half a sentence from him that it's forced. You'll be way better off Investing your time and energy in studying proper grammar, idiomatic expressions and jerga/lunfardo - they will understand your accent either way if you speak properly and they'll appreciate your knowledge of the dialect way more than a fake porten'o accent.

It can always help to have Phonetics coaching like actors do to to mimic accents . Irish, Cockney Italian. Etc

By all means try to acquire a Neutral Spanish Accent. Stay away from Porteño accent.
Have met many expats , for the last 20 years, in BA that had the best teacher here (a lady) but were unable to communicate with cab drivers ..?
I have a suggested phonetics approach that may help..! to also improve rhythm and sentence emphasis.

Don't waste your time and money. If you can't mimic or at least improve your accent by simply paying attention to how Rio Platense sounds, there is no chance any tutor will help. Native English speakers are the least likely ones to lose their accent in castellano, next only to asians. Your buddy Dustin fakes it somewhat successfully, but any porten'o will tell you after hearing half a sentence from him that it's forced. You'll be way better off Investing your time and energy in studying proper grammar, idiomatic expressions and jerga/lunfardo - they will understand your accent either way if you speak properly and they'll appreciate your knowledge of the dialect way more than a fake porten'o accent.
I more or less fluent and have a strong command of grammar. For me reducing my accent is the last step. I know I’ll never lose my gringo accent completely but I would like to reduce it with various sounds.

Back