Probable Entry Denial At Ezeiza After Overstay

...when I flew to the UK in Nov last year, the passport control lady at Ezeiza rapped my knuckles for still having the old style DNI. Of course I was well within expiry but the point was made.

This is probably a good time and place to remind the readers of this thread that the grace period to get the Nuevo DNI expires on June 30th.

Not long ago there was a post in another thread by someone who was told at passport control at EZE that they will NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE ARGENTINA with the old style DNI after the time to get one has expired.

Some members (including me) didn't think this was likely to happen but (if I remember correctly) Dr Rubilar said it could.

If it really is necessary to have the new DNI to be allowed to leave we should know soon, as there is probably someone who will try to leave with an old one.

Excellent post!

Just announced today:

Prorrogan hasta el 31 de marzo de 2016 el plazo para renovar el DNI

La resolución 2030/2015 fue publicada hoy en el Boletín Oficial. Lo decidieron porque una gran cantidad de personas todavía no lo han renovado.

El Gobierno prorrogó hasta el 31 de marzo del próximo año el plazo establecido para la renovación del Documento Nacional de Identidad, que vencía a fin de este mes.

As always, nobody here knows what the immigrations officer will say, but if she says she is married, has her background check with her, and shows them an appointment at migraciones to make herself legal, I'd be shocked if they turned her away. Like many others have said, I think just showing active steps to make yourself legal is usually enough.

I think you can get one while you are in the USA and bring it with you, but there is a time limit. I believe the FBI report is "valid" for 90 days after it is issued and if not submitted within that time period, migraciones will not accept it.

Just this being Argentina, I wanted to be safe rather than sorry; I requested the background check in the U.S., and made sure it was issued well after my arrival in Argentina.

As always, nobody here knows what the immigrations officer will say, but if she says she is married, has her background check with her, and shows them an appointment at migraciones to make herself legal, I'd be shocked if they turned her away. Like many others have said, I think just showing active steps to make yourself legal is usually enough.
I went today to speak in person with the migrations inspector in ezeiza, he said four times overstaying was a lot, but as long as she demonstrated taking steps to regularizar her situation as a permanent resident she should be let in (and of course having the reciprocity fee), by taking steps he only mentioned having a turno at migraciones, the rest of the papers are a good backup but he enphasized having a turno (and i suggest dont wait until your flight leaves to book one, i got hers a week ago).

The montevideo plan is so far the best backup plan as Dr Rubilar suggested me over the phone, at least to buy enough time to take any necessary legal steps to let her back in. You can get a refundable one way ticket there for around 300 dollars, but if you end up cancelling it you only get back 200, or you can buy the cheapest for around 180 but if you end up not taking it you lose it all. Now it seriously feels like im gambling.

Back