Problem Renewing Dni

Regarding those who have posted about renewing a DNI, are you asking about getting a Nuevo DNI (good for one year) after renewing your temporary residency? If the Registro doesn't send a new DNI card in he mail with each renewal, is it possible to update the card you already have?

Also, I wonder if Bajo_cero2's comment that if the DNI expires it's "bye bye permanent residency" means that someone who already has permanent residency could lose it if their DNI expired, or was he equating the expiration of temporary residency with the expiration of the DNI like others have in this thread?

Perhaps he meant that if temporary residency was ever allowed to expire that getting permanent residency on the third renewal would not be possible without starting the three year count again from zero, not that permanent residency would go "bye bye" if a permanent resident's DNI expires. The Nuevo DNI for extranjeros with permanent residency is good for fifteen years.

PS: Does anyone know if the deadline for getting the Nuevo DNI is still June 30th?

Apparently so Steve.
I only managed to find this
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1743947-extienden-renovacion-dni-florencio-randazzo-daniel-scioli
The BA province site still has it as December last year.
http://www.gob.gba.gov.ar/portal/subsecretarias/gabinete/registro/dni.php

Thanks gringoboy and Steve for your comments.

The link in your post (gringoboy) shows that there are no appointments available anywhere in the GBA. I have found one near La Plata now which would be a pain in the butt.

Personally I think its a glitch in the system, although at my local registry office it has been heaving with people trying to renew their DNI. So there is a specific problem in Bs As at least, and I guess that's why the deadline date has already been extended once. The fine is apparently the same cost as the renewal of 35 pesos.

Nor did I understand Bajo's comment. He should explain.

Thanks gringoboy and Steve for your comments.

The link in your post (gringoboy) shows that there are no appointments available anywhere in the GBA. I have found one near La Plata now which would be a pain in the butt.

Personally I think its a glitch in the system, although at my local registry office it has been heaving with people trying to renew their DNI. So there is a specific problem in Bs As at least, and I guess that's why the deadline date has already been extended once. The fine is apparently the same cost as the renewal of 35 pesos.

Nor did I understand Bajo's comment. He should explain.

It probably isn't a glitch given the deadline is so soon. When I made my appointment late last year, there weren't any for 2 months. I think the system only allows you to make an appointment 3 months in advance.

It took me numerous attempts to get an appointment online and no, it's not just 3 months in advance, mine was like 2 weeks in advance.
You just have to keep trying every f**ng day unfortunately.
When you finally do the business in front of a real person, they tell you that your new DNI will be posted in two or three months time, but mine ended up arriving in 2 weeks.
I wrote a satire on this whole exciting subject and can post it in entertainment if anyone is interested.

It took me numerous attempts to get an appointment online and no, it's not just 3 months in advance, mine was like 2 weeks in advance.
You just have to keep trying every f**ng day unfortunately.
When you finally do the business in front of a real person, they tell you that your new DNI will be posted in two or three months time, but mine ended up arriving in 2 weeks.
I wrote a satire on this whole exciting subject and can post it in entertainment if anyone is interested.

As with all things Argentina, YMMV. Late last year there were NO available appointments in Capital Federal until two months later when I first attempted to make an appointment. I tried back multiple times and there were still no appointments available. So, that isn't always an option. I ended up arranging my travel plans around the DNI tramite rather than vice versa. The DNI arrived at my house in about 6 weeks.

Your post about the DNI was entertaining. But, my favorite is the one about picking up a package at EZE. :)

PS: Does anyone know if the deadline for getting the Nuevo DNI is still June 30th?

ReNaPer dispuso prorrogar nuevamente el plazo establecido para el canje obligatorio del documento de identidad por el NUEVO DNI hasta el 31 de marzo de 2016. A partir de esa fecha ningún otro Documento de identidad seguirá teniendo vigencia.

http://www.tramites.gob.ar/documentacion-personal/201506/se-extendio-el-plazo-para-la-renovacion-del-dni_n766

Yet another extension for the procrastinators who haven't gotten around to getting the Nuevo DNI.

Back