Problem Travellers Going to Europe With Sputnik Vaccination

Those that received vaccines that the EU does not consider 'valid' and therefore get treated differently to those who received a EU approved vaccine.

So the EU has quality standards to ensure the safety and efficacy of drugs/vaccines. Companies A,B,C, and D all went through the safety trials and quality tests to get approval. Company E did not engage in the safety trials and efficacy tests to gain approval.

Country A decides to buy Company E's vaccine, knowing full well that their vaccine has not met approval of EU quality standards.

Seems to me that Company E didn't act responsibly by producing a vaccine without adequate safety/efficacy trials and County A was pretty dumb for opting to buy the non-approved vaccine.

Your complaint should be lodged with the Gamaleya Reseach Institute or with the government of Argentina.

Suggesting that the problem is an issue of discrimination -presumable on the part of the EU-is just silly.

But then again, we live in age where modern medicine, drugs, and vaccines have reduced infant mortality dramatically over the past 100 years. This has diminished the Darwinian process of weeding out the weak and the stupid. So now we left with a society populated with low IQ idiots who scream 'discrimination' at the very entities that enabled them to survive in the first place.

Well done humanity.

Last edited:
I think Sputnik V is a very good vaccine technology-wise. The issue in my mind is the production standards and compliance at the the factory. This is where I have my doubts. I do think they are cutting corners in quality controls.

The issue is that since Sputnik V is percieved as a tool of increasing Russian influence around the world, FDA approval was (and still is) impossible and timely EMA approval was unlikely. It has nothing to do with quality of the vaccine, or tecnhology, or QA procedures. The EMA approval is intentionally delayed for political reasons. So, Russia decided to go with bilateral agreements route with individual countries. For example, San Marino (not EU member, no regulatory pressure) is completely vaccinated with Sputnik V. From EU countries Sputnik V is approved in Greece and Hungary.

Last edited:
So the EU has quality standards to ensure the safety and efficacy of drugs/vaccines. Companies A,B,C, and D all went through the safety trials and quality tests to get approval. Company E did not engage in the safety trials and efficacy tests to gain approval.

Country A decides to buy Company E's vaccine, knowing full well that their vaccine has not met approval of EU quality standards.

Seems to me that Company E didn't act responsibly by producing a vaccine without adequate safety/efficacy trials and County A was pretty dumb for opting to buy the non-approved vaccine.

Your complaint should be lodged with the Gamaleya Reseach Institute or with the government of Argentina.

Suggesting that the problem is an issue of discrimination -presumable on the part of the EU-is just silly.

But then again, we live in age where modern medicine, drugs, and vaccines have reduced infant mortality dramatically over the past 100 years. This has diminished the Darwinian process of weeding out the weak and the stupid. So now we left with a society populated with low IQ idiots who scream 'discrimination' at the very entities that enabled them to survive in the first place.

Well done humanity.
It's politics and $$ my friend - nothing to do with the vaccine efficiency or 'safety'. It has data published in the Lancet journal https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55900622. I also laugh how you talk about 'safety' when both MRNA vaccines are approved which have no longer term trials.

It's politics and $$ my friend - nothing to do with the vaccine efficiency or 'safety'. It has data published in the Lancet journal https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55900622. I also laugh how you talk about 'safety' when both MRNA vaccines are approved which have no longer term trials.

Please excuse my harsh, inappropriate words, Somewhereinba. I can be a bit savage at times and was never properly house trained in the first place....

I wonder if having a second, different vaccination is safe.
I had my first Sinopharm shot in Mendoza on April 10th and flew to NY on April 20th and on April 27th I got my first shot of Moderna and I will have my second dose of Moderna on May 27th. I got tested before I left Argentina on the 19th of April and again on April 26th before my first Moderna shot,
both negative. I was comfortable getting the Moderna jab 17 days after the Sinopharm because there is a lot of research going into mixing some of the less successful like Astra Zenaca and Sinovac vaccines and more is more as far as vaccines go at the moment. Anyway, I was moving slowly after the Moderna vaccine for a day plus but have been fine ever since.

I had my first Sinopharm shot in Mendoza on April 10th and flew to NY on April 20th and on April 27th I got my first shot of Moderna and I will have my second dose of Moderna on May 27th. I got tested before I left Argentina on the 19th of April and again on April 26th before my first Moderna shot,
both negative. I was comfortable getting the Moderna jab 17 days after the Sinopharm because there is a lot of research going into mixing some of the less successful like Astra Zenaca and Sinovac vaccines and more is more as far as vaccines go at the moment. Anyway, I was moving slowly after the Moderna vaccine for a day plus but have been fine ever since.

Did you inform the Moderna injection site people that you had previously had a different vaccine?

Did you inform the Moderna injection site people that you had previously had a different vaccine?

I did the same, got first Sinopharm then a couple of weeks later, in the US got first and second Pfizer. A friend is a doctor at a prestigeous US Medical Center. He checked with his colleagues for us. Their recommendation was that it was safe to add the Pfizer.

I did have a strange reaction to the Pfizer though, not the soreness or achiness that people frequently experience. About a week after the second Pfizer dose I had some of the covid mental symptoms like lethargy and confusion. That only lasted a day.

No I did not inform the Moderna folks about the Sinopharm shot, I did my research and had made my decision before before I went to get my shot.

No I did not inform the Moderna folks about the Sinopharm shot, I did my research and had made my decision before before I went to get my shot.

I wonder what would have happened had you informed them. Would they have allowed you to get the Moderna vaccine?

Back