Problem Travellers Going to Europe With Sputnik Vaccination

France has also announced its own vaccine requirements for foreign tourists.
Unlike Spain, it will not accept WHO approved vaccines, only EMA approved vaccines. This means Sinopharm will not currently be accepted in addition to Sputnik V or Sinovac for entry into France as they are still "under review" by the EMA.

(In practical terms with Schengen etc it remains to be seen how this will be enforced in practice without sanitary controls at the border, for example if you fly into BCN with Sinopharm you will be fine to enter Spain, there is then nothing stopping you from driving or flying to France from BCN and otherwise going undetected as you sip cassis on the Côte d'Azur.)

I think it is unlikely that the person at the drug store who gave me the shot would have given me the shot if I had mentioned the Sinopharm,
why are you so curious about what they would have done. The folks at the drug store are not Moderna representatives, not Moderna Scientists nor the CDC or Pfizer or JandJ people. I made the choice and got the shot and would do it again.

There was this report today: https://www.infobae.com/america/mun...os-argentinos-con-sputnik-v-no-podran-entrar/

"España habilitó el ingreso de turistas vacunados, pero los argentinos con Sputnik V no podrán entrar"

I wasn't able to find a WHO or EU approved list of vaccines, though. Just a bunch of press releases for individual vaccines. Anyone have a complete list?
You can make a google search for "Europe green passport" or "digital passport Europe". The three American labs are approved for sure.

You can make a google search for "Europe green passport" or "digital passport Europe". The three American labs are approved for sure.
Not really, no, sorry, those search terms just return a list of passport mills. From a previous post:

This document from the WHO is interesting: https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_18May2021.pdf

I'd infer from the table that both Sinovac and Sputnik are very close to approval. Astra Zeneca and Sinopharm are approved.

Back