Properties are selling

mini said:
Oh. It's not legal to "index" to the dollar or to inflation, but quite legal to just specify two different rent amounts for each year. Did I get that right? Thanks for the clarification.

Yep,. actually it's a no no just to inflation (as they gotta keep the show going!) Pericles is right when he says you can specify currency.

Hi do you know what the deal is with the bienes personales? I think I have to pay it on my car also. I was also told it's something like 2.5% annually if you own two properties or more, but if you own a car do they treat that as a second property?
steveinbsas said:
Also, I'm curious to know if you were told about the bienes personales taxes when you bought your apartment (1.25% annually for non-resident owners) and if you were told to be sure to save all of your facturas (bills) for gas and electricity. AFIP assumes you are renting your apartment if you aren't living in it. Eventually, they will check your passport to see when you have been here. It's a lot cheaper to declare rent and pay all applicable taxes in a timely manner. Penalties for non payment are about 40%.

mini said:
Oh. It's not legal to "index" to the dollar or to inflation, but quite legal to just specify two different rent amounts for each year. Did I get that right? Thanks for the clarification.

Yes. That would be completely within the law. :)

Back