Property buyer in Buenos Aires

overbury

Registered
Glad that I've found an ex-pats site for BA.
I am in the process of buying an apartment in Palermo Vijeco. I currently live in Germany as a n English Ex Pat and want to let the property until I move to BA next year.
Does anybody have advice regarding letting agencies, prices etc?

overbury, hi. If there is anything you can take away from starting this thread - please, please send a Private Message to Recoleta Carolina. She had some very bad experience with real estate here - and as much as there are success stories of buying properties here - we learn alot from the NOT so successful stories, and those people that she might/ or might not mention to you - are people to steer clear away from.
There are some very good real estate agents here - but there is NO guarantee that what works for one buyer will work for the next.
Do you think you can just rent for awhile so you can really see with your own eyes and hear with your own ears what you are buying? Just a friendly advice. And no I am not in the business of recommending anybody.
Good luck, you can never have enough of that I am sure :).

Thanks for the tips Grazie....Yes I will contact Recoleta Carolina ... looks like I need all the advice I can get.

Grazie. Do you know the Palermo Area. I am looking to rent a studio appartment there. Do you know what price I would be expected to pay ?

Eagles, hi. I love your name btw. No I am not so famiiar with Palermo; but wait which one are you referring to - Palermo Soho, Palermo Hollywood, Palermo Viejo...?
My suggestion is to try to find members of this site (thru their postings) that are renting and send them PM and see who they dealt with and if their experience were positive, and they can give you the going rate for a studio for one. Note - not everything you see online is exactly as they are in person. Noise can be a big negative factor. Suerte.

overbury said:
Glad that I've found an ex-pats site for BA.
I am in the process of buying an apartment in Palermo Vijeco. I currently live in Germany as a n English Ex Pat and want to let the property until I move to BA next year.
Does anybody have advice regarding letting agencies, prices etc?

Wait atleast 6 months but more likely a year or a year a half

Or better yet, don't buy but rent. Next year I am sure you can rent for about 2%,3% of the property value

As it isn't clear whether overbury has actually signed a contract to buy an apartment in BA, some of the advice other members have posted regarding buying may not apply in this case. He actually asked about letting agencies and rates to charge for the apartment he is already in the process of buying.

If the deal is done (or is irrevocable at this point), I suggest a google search of of apartments available for temporary rent in BA. Then he will be able to see a number of agencies and their apartments, where they are located, how they are furnished, and the rental rates.

I would also advise him to only rent his (by the month with a six month maximum) to foreigners who are in Argentina on tourist visas and who also have return tickets to leave.

My recommendation is NEVER buy ANY property in Argentina. It really is more trouble than good. If I hadn't bought mine in 2003 I would get the Hell out of here as fast as possible. It is rotten to the core. Don't let a french facade fool you.

Back