Prosecutor charges Javier Milei days before election

They're trying to get him elected, Jesus. Hard to think of a more obviously stupid "the government is just making this up" charge than that one. Probably even Massa would reject that as a complete joke.

I've been Milei-pilled despite my direct personal interest in keeping Argentina as cheap as possible (Milei's policies will certainly make Argentina wealthier and, thus, costlier), and the fact that he's totally demented and almost the paradigmatic example of who you get when you fuck up so bad as a political class that you have wholly discredited pretty much the entire idea of politics, which is just never great. So maybe I'm not totally objective.

Where neighboring Chile has an average annual income that's 7-8x that in Argentina, and they elected an actual communist because they were unhappy about being close to an order of magnitude wealthier than Argentina . . . yeah, Milei makes pure sense.

This will go nowhere, but the idea of criminalizing Milei, when he is just such an obvious corrective measure, it's a natural feeling for some people. Wrong, but natural.

I mentioned this before, and I know that we skew older on this board: it's very difficult for people to understand because the entire struggle used to be against a different group, but the left has thoroughly won the argument, and we are now in the bizarre situation where all the dissidents and activists who have any sense are on the right. It's mind-bending, but also super important, and I hope to fuck that Milei if he becomes the president isn't a Trump or a Bolsonaro, but one of the good ones, and actually does make the fundamental change that every one of us will be bummed out by because it will make Argentina way more expensive, but that we all know the country for sure deserves and has been waiting for.

Last edited:
Is it likely that the Sunday vote will be decisive? Just wondering how likely it could be to go to a third round next month

Back