Protest Against Milei’s Move to Scrap Film Institute, INCAA

as I mentioned- their primary role is not funding films- its encouraging the industry and art of filmmaking. all those employees are archiving and preserving, consulting with agencies, schools, museums, and theaters all over the country, helping run and curate film festivals and showings, running the Gaumont theater, and, in general, looking at the big picture.
To my way of thinking, thats the way it should be.
Their budgets, right down to spreadsheets, are easily available online, along with all kinds of information about specifics.
click on "institutional" on the left side, and the drop down menu will show you all the actual figures.
Exactly correct. Rich One’s assumption that 70% administration/30% is on its face unusual or should be rebalanced suggests a complete lack of familiarity with the operation of public programs institutions, the procedures and costs of administration. The balance between administration of programs and grant-giving depends upon what the agency is charged with administrating. INCAA has a very wide responsibility for "developing, sharing and preserving knowledge needed for the conservation of modern and contemporary art.” These programs are costly.

Last edited:
because here culture is important to feeling good without money- the arts are enjoyed by many more people here

There can be lots of art, music, and film that isn't funded by government.

I don't find it ethical to fund film over the poor.

Back