Public Universities

As for international university rankins, I do wonder how they gather the information. The truth is that I know many argentinians that go to the US to take an MBA that do not stand out for the intelectual capabilities and yet I do not know one of them that failed to get it.

My MIL got a degree in psychology here (I don't know from which university exactly, might as well be UBA) and it was not recognized in Italy (this was in the '90s). I also met a lady with an engineering degree who said that in Italy she was asked to take again 2 years worth of exams, so she gave up. I think her experiences dates back to a decade ago.

You might want to check well about this before enrolling, unless you are studying for your own sake.

So, do we recommend attending an Argentine university to increase your chances of being a Nobel laureate.

Many talented Argentine academics have had to leave the country to be successful, because of political interference with their work here.
I am not recomending ,of course,an american or british university is much better,but not every one can afford it,and the free universities here,allowed many people like my father to climb from poverty and to get even a phd,for free,in many countries,he wouldnt have been able to do it.

Also, remember that not everything in the world requires certification- many jobs actually just require that you know how to do something.
There are many fields that do not require licenses or government certification, and for those, Argentine universities work just fine- for instance, fashion design, graphic design, industrial design- all of which are very strong programs at UBA, and all of which train you as well as all but a tiny handful of schools in the US or Europe.
I have a friend who runs the indumentaria program at UBA, and I know a lot of people who teach in similar programs in the US, and the UBA program is among the tops, period.

It just depends on what you want to learn.
Learning, you know, is something a person does, not what a piece of paper says.

College in general is one of the most useless things. If you want to learn something, there are better ways. If you want a job, most colleges can't help you get a job these days. I can't imagine what you'd do, as a foreigner, with a degree from a university in Argentina, especially in psychology. Psychology degrees are useless even in the USA. They don't confer any real knowledge and there are so many people with psych degrees that it can't get you a job.

This talk about just attending classes for no purpose confuses me.

I studied International Migration Policy at UBA, I wrote a bit about my experience on my blog http://urbanexpats.com/2015/04/27/how-to-enroll-in-a-masters-program-at-uba/

Back