Public Urination

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesstafarian

Registered
I've been living in BsAs for 4 months now and I must admit that I'm still a little confused by public urination. Has it always been okay to relieve yourself in the middle of Recoleta or Palermo at any hour of the day? I've also seen several parents encouraging their 3-6 year old kids to water the trees on the side of the street?

Has it always been like this?

This is a new K law that was passed a couple of months ago. Didn't you know? Everybody must comply!! And, evidently, everybody DOES! Gives the dog shit a run for its money....

(To be filed under "The things I won't miss about Buenos Aires...)

OP: You are way too sensitive.This is normal in most countries in the world. Here, there are few public toilets and too many guards in places like McDonalds to negotiate. This is called nature, get used to it, or go back to Mallville. :)

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]OP: You are way too sensitive.[/background]

huh?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]This is normal in most countries in the world.[/background]

huh?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] Here, there are few public toilets and too many guards in places like McDonalds to negotiate.[/background]

I have never had a problem using McDonald's in BA (or fill in the blanks of the fast food chain) when nature calls.

You might not have had a problem however many of these "fine" institutions nowadays have guards watching the people walking into them.. if they spot you are walking straight to the bathrooms which we should do so prior to eating anyhow but that is not how they look at things.. then the guard immediately says NO you cannot use the toilet.. in Spanish of course but with his frame blocks you when you communicate to him in English to prevent you from using the toilet.. If you are a parent with a young lad then heh the tree in front is the most obvious solution. I have not seen it a problem at all. I have seen much older young men.. high school age ones.. walking along with friends perhaps after enjoying a smoke etc finding foliage in front of an apartment building .. they too figure it needs extra care so they so oblige too. Maybe as time progresses McD's and others will relent to allow the populace to so use their facilities ... it might mean extra business to them instead of policing the sites to disallow potential customers from sharing the facilities. If you do not buy from them today .. you certainly will not buy from them tomorrow if you learn you cannot use their facilities.. That is my opinion of Burger King... it is not a King in my opinion at all.. not even a Prince.

You might not have had a problem however many of these "fine" institutions nowadays have guards watching the people walking into them.. if they spot you are walking straight to the bathrooms which we should do so prior to eating anyhow but that is not how they look at things.. then the guard immediately says NO you cannot use the toilet.. in Spanish of course but with his frame blocks you when you communicate to him in English to prevent you from using the toilet.. If you are a parent with a young lad then heh the tree in front is the most obvious solution. I have not seen it a problem at all. I have seen much older young men.. high school age ones.. walking along with friends perhaps after enjoying a smoke etc finding foliage in front of an apartment building .. they too figure it needs extra care so they so oblige too. Maybe as time progresses McD's and others will relent to allow the populace to so use their facilities ... it might mean extra business to them instead of policing the sites to disallow potential customers from sharing the facilities. If you do not buy from them today .. you certainly will not buy from them tomorrow if you learn you cannot use their facilities.. That is my opinion of Burger King... it is not a King in my opinion at all.. not even a Prince.

Burger KIng is not even a burger, but it's not any worse than Mcdonald's>

just curious - is this thread a riff on the public breastfeeding one? :D
Given the analogies we were treated to over there, looks like this page ought to be bookmarked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back