Puerta Cerrada – Fundraiser for Hogar San Pablo (Sat, Jan 6)

baraka

Registered
This is an invitation to a puerta cerrada dinner this coming Saturday February 6, 2010 to benefit a children's home in Buenos Aires.

The dinner will be a multi-course Asian-inspired feast (see menu below), with beer, wine and other drinks available for purchase. The cost is $100 pesos, with all of the money (except for raw ingredient costs) going to Hogar San Pablo. There will be an email list to receive information the next day of the exact amount that was donated to the hogar. More details about the dinner are here: http://sites.google.com/site/intimiweb/.

Hogar San Pablo is a home for children in Caballito (http://www.hogarsanpablo.org.ar/). The director, Patricia, is a wonderful, caring person with 40 children under her care. However, as you might expect, the money the home receives from the government for the care of the kids is shamefully low. So low, in fact, that the government support doesn’t even cover the costs of the medications that many of the children take. Information about how the children end up in the home is on the Hogar San Pablo website (in Spanish). Most of the children have parents, but have been separated from their families via legal proceedings due to abuse, living on the street, or any of a number of reasons that resulted in a judge determining that their parents were unsafe or unfit.

The hope is that this is an amazing meal in and of itself, with great food, friends and fun, with the added bonus that it’s all for a great cause too. There are 10 reservations already, and 6 spots remaining. Hope to see you!!!

Date: Saturday Feb 6, 2010
Time: 9:00pm
Price: $100 pesos
Maximum Capacity: 16 guests

MENU

-Welcome cocktail
-Spicy pumpkin soup with ginger, galanga and coconut milk
-Asian cabbage, cucumber and tofu salad with sesame vinagrette
-Chicken and vegetable Thai green curry with fragrant steamed rice
-Tropical fruit tart with passion fruit ice cream
-Drinks: Soft drinks / Water Assorted Teas / Coffee

Wine Options
White, red wine and beer will be available for purchase

Hello Baraka. I am the volunteer coordinator for the NGO South American Explorers (SAE). Last week I had a meeting with Hogar Buenos Aires SEDE Nueva York to talk about what volunteer opportunities they have. I would love to come to this event. Can I promote it to SAE?

I just updated the original post: We now have 10 reservations and 6 spots remaining. If you have no plans for this Saturday, please consider coming for a great meal and a great cause!!

Im putting myself down as you guys are awesome for arranging this and I do know that you give all the profits to the charity as stated .

I have one booking but will confirm 2 more soon

Back