Puppy For Adoption

irina

Registered
Yesterday we found a puppy at the park by Estacion Coghlan, he seems to be about three months old give or take. We looked for his owner but he seemed to be alone, we asked the boletero for the train station if he had seen his owner and he told us he saw someone bring the puppy to the park about an hour before and leave him there. So it seems the poor thing was just abandoned. We also asked around all the vets in the area and until today it seems no one has been looking for him either.

We have him here at the house but can't keep him. He's very sweet and loving and seems like he was cared for. No mange or fleas that I see. I'm not sure what breed he is, but he looks like he may be part German Shepard, he has large paws so I'm sure he'll be a big dog so hopefully someone with a yard here will be interested, he has lots of energy to run and play!

If anyone is interested please let me know!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 177
That's so lovely of you to bring him home. It's a tough life for abandoned animals in Buenos Aires. I'll ask around and see if anyone is looking for a pup...

Awww. I'd love him, but my landlord would absolutely kill me. I can help sponsor him, though, if money is an issue.

Thanks so much you guys! He's a sweetheart, it's not money that's the issue but that we already have one large dog and just got a new cat (who is in the middle of a panic attack about this new puppy hahah) and we just can't have any more pets in the house. We asked at another vet this morning and they said they're sure he was abandoned because if he was lost for sure the owner would have been desperately looking for him (since they're right near where he was "left") but no one has come in. Makes me sad that someone can just toss a puppy out there to fend for himself. But I'm sure we'll find a good home for him, he's so young and very well tempered!

OMG, what a cute whoofie! It looks like he's a Shepherd mix. Any idea of the other breeds in him?

I'm saying no in my head, but wow! Depending on the mix this could be an awesome dog.

OMG, what a cute whoofie! It looks like he's a Shepherd mix. Any idea of the other breeds in him?

I'm saying no in my head, but wow! Depending on the mix this could be an awesome dog.

Someone pm'd me that is interested in the puppy and is checking with their landlord, if it doesn't work out and you want him GSDirtboy, let me know! He's a real sweet dog. I was thinking German Shepard as well, or Doberman, mainly due to his coloring and size. Looks like he'll be a big one.

We had some problems earlier today with our dog who is large getting jealous and jumping the puppy. He does have some gashes and a swollen snout that we are treating with a vet but are now more anxious than ever to find him a home. It breaks my heart that in trying to help him we let him get hurt like this. Despite the incident he is still great, well tempered and not fearful. Also, the vet also couldn't help on the breeds but also suggested German Shepard

There is a Korean family across the street from me and they are always asking for dogs, I'll have a word. I never see them walking them much though!

While I believe that Irina did such a wonderful thing by taking this poor puppy in, it just freakin' pisses me off to no end that cases like these seem to happen far too often here! I see it here all the time, but it gets to me each time. Just because it's pretty much the norm does NOT make it acceptable!

I was very saddened but not particularly surprised to read that the OP posted that the poor doggie didn't even wander into the station, he was dumped there like a piece of trash... Who the HELL does that?!? I mean, really! What truly boggles my mind is that, furthermore, getting your pets spayed or neutered is not encouraged, just like letting them out without a leash. That is just asking for trouble.

I have a cat (her name is Alfajor :)) who I found right outside a McDonald's automac almost 3 years ago. The poor thing was inches away from getting hit and killed multiple times by all the cars pulling up to the order window, because she was so distracted because she was so hungry that she was trying to eat a dead plant! :( She is the sweetest, most loving creature, but while I am glad that we have her in our lives (not even as a "pet" so much as a "family member"), she is/was/will be one of so many countless poor animals who have no way to defend themselves and suffer needlessly until they die. That is so wrong in so many ways.

Argentina is not a perfect country, no such place exists. But I really have to put this quote out there:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (Mohandas Gandhi).

I sincerely hope that that poor puppy will get a loving, safe, forever home <3

Someone pm'd me that is interested in the puppy and is checking with their landlord, if it doesn't work out and you want him GSDirtboy, let me know! He's a real sweet dog. I was thinking German Shepard as well, or Doberman, mainly due to his coloring and size. Looks like he'll be a big one.

We had some problems earlier today with our dog who is large getting jealous and jumping the puppy. He does have some gashes and a swollen snout that we are treating with a vet but are now more anxious than ever to find him a home. It breaks my heart that in trying to help him we let him get hurt like this. Despite the incident he is still great, well tempered and not fearful. Also, the vet also couldn't help on the breeds but also suggested German Shepard

That's normal dog behavior. Your dog is letting the newbie know the rules. There is a very clear pecking order. Your dog knew the order. The pup now knows it. :)

I'm checking with my landlord. AKA my wife.

Back