Puppy For Adoption

That's normal dog behavior. Your dog is letting the newbie know the rules. There is a very clear pecking order. Your dog knew the order. The pup now knows it. :)

I'm checking with my landlord. AKA my wife.

Let me know what she says! He should be go to a new forever home by Thursday, he's already a lot better than yesterday. Didn't phase him a bit.

We sadly haven't found a home for him yet! And it's bad cause it's going to be hard to let him go now, but with our other dog it's just not possible. Our vet warned us we'd have a hard time due to the holidays and January travel season coming up and I'm afraid he's right. People just aren't looking yet. We posted his information and picture to some facebook profiles of people who look for homes for dogs and cats like this and got over 250 shares so far and only one email of someone interested (sent today, hopefully it'll work out!). So if anyone's interested, let me know :)

I responded yesterday but it went into moderation and hasn't been approved yet? Maybe this one won't either, we'll see.

We still have the puppy, with the holidays and January travel season coming up we're having a difficult time finding him a home!! If anyone's looking for a puppy please let me know, he's so sweet we just can't keep him.

http://protectorasarmiento.org.ar/ is one option. send photo and details and offer a donation of 600 pesos. they do not get finanial help.

Thanks for the tip, we've spoken with a lot of protectoras and haven't had any luck. Since all (including this one it seems) are overpopulated none can take him on, they do post his photo and stats as you suggested and we have had his picture posted on quite a few websites and facebook pages of organizations like this. One even got 300 shares! We have one family interested through one of those pages that will hopefully work out.

A sidenote (speaking of protectoras) for anyone looking to adopt a cat now or in the future, we got our cat from Lourdes:
http://www.adopteungatito.org/index.php
They are fantastic women who take great care of the cats under their care and they told us they find homes for 200 cats every month on average, I really recommend them!

The protectoras, while they do excellent work, are not the nicest of places for animals (and should only really be used as an absolute last resort...when a dog has been abused or found run-over or something). The dogs will spend a lot of time in the cages and are more likely to get sick...Plus, there's not that much of an adoption culture here so many spend years in them.
Redmascotera is a decent source of prospective adopters...as is Facebook here! If you want to open a page or post his photo, post the link here, I for one will spread the word (and am sure loads of other expats will too!). He looks like a lovely little thing...

update: We found a home for the puppy, as Ashley said via Facebook.
If anyone is looking to adopt a dog this is a great resource for rescued puppies from the street: http://www.facebook.com/animales.comunadoce

Our vet said the same about the protectoras being horrible conditions, not that the people don't try the best they can to help the animals but that there is only so much they can do financially and that they're overpopulated. I would definitely recommend anyone here to adopt from a protectora to help get the animals into a better environment. Our cat may have come with fleas but he is so loving and the work it took to get him better was worth every minute.

Back