Quality Argentine Products

The red tape is the same. But dealerships have "gestores", people who do the paperwork for a reasonable fee. After the car is paid for, it takes two or three days to get the tags and documents.

It's a unique opportunity to buy a car at almost half-price. The last time the official/blue gap was this big was back in 2014, when I got a Toyota SUV for about two hundred dollars above the US' dealer price.

Last edited:
On the brink

Can you suggest some cars with USD prices incl all taxes?

Fo example, How much would the cost be in BA for 0 mileage car incl all taxes

1. Honda Accord

2. Toyota Camry

3. Hyundai Sonata

4. Dodge Charger.

5. Honda City

Yeah im curious about the car process...Whats the easiest path to take here? We have considered it but don't want to get bogged down in tons and tons of AFIP and all that. Would it be easier to just buy a slightly used car direct from a person or to buy new from a dealership? Which one involves less red tape?
Currently 0kms are almost cheaper than used cars. What you have to take into account: after a price of 1.4m pesos (i believe that is the price that the concessionary is paying) applies the luxury tax, which is whopping 25%.
Now with inflation / usd that high, this tax is eating much into the middle car segment

On the brink

Fo example, How much would the cost be in BA for 0 mileage car incl all taxes

1. Honda Accord

2. Toyota Camry

3. Hyundai Sonata

4. Dodge Charger.

5. Honda City
You can check out also the car prices on karvi.com.ar

my experience with Honda was: when the peso was going through the roof in April / May, they simply took them off the market. The same thing happened to Jeep.

On the brink
Sorry, I have no idea of current prices. Better call a dealer. Make sure they have your specific car sitting at the dealership, as the price is not set until the sale is closed.

Had some fun with Honda Pilar.

Accord - 50,000 USD
CRV - 80,000 USD

to be paid in cash and he said its totally legal with permission from AFIP! :)

and you guys are teaching here how to buy cheap cars. What a joke!

Had some fun with Honda Pilar.

Accord - 50,000 USD
CRV - 80,000 USD

to be paid in cash and he said its totally legal with permission from AFIP! :)

and you guys are teaching here how to buy cheap cars. What a joke!
Two weeks ago I bought a brand new Volkswagen TCross for 1.4m pesos, and that is incl a few extras and patentamiento and everything. As far as cars go, thats cheap for me.

Thats indeed a good price..Almost 1/2 of its market price in first world economies.
My experience is from this process (in no way i am a car expert): here in Argentina the car models available are quite limited. If you want to take advantage of the situation now, the options are even smaller. Currently especially VW, Chevrolet and Ford are pushing hard. Other companies seem to prefer to wait until the situation is more stable (first we wanted a Honda)... And as I mentioned, as soon as the luxury tax kicks in (probably after around 1.8m end user price), you pay 25% more.
Most of the dealers we were in touch with: pesos in cash. And you have to pay within 2 or 3 working days after signing the contract.

For special offers see also here (not included are patentamiento costs): https://www.karvi.com.ar/offers

Clearly, the Pilar Honda people don't want to sell, and prefer to sit on their inventory until things change.

The previous time the official/blue rate was so skewed, a RAV4 was US$24,000 in the US, and $50,000 in Buenos Aires. The car was priced in pesos, which at the blue rate was just $24,200 dollars.

Back