Quality Argentine Products

I guess if you want a city car something the Moby’s size would be fine. Fiat has got an awful reputation for bad quality over the years, though. I need an SUV, 4WD and a bigger engine, and like anywhere I’ll try to minimise the risk with a garage inspection and only consider vehicles with a full service history.

The point about spare parts is a good one, which SUVs would be most popular here?

I saw there are almost no Toyota SUVs here, no Fortuners, 4-Runners, no FJ cruisers unfortunately.

Everybody has different ideas about cars- its very emotional. I have owned some very fast cars, at least 6 or 8 big american V8's, and once owned a 360cc japanese micro van. Given the quality of roads once you get about ten kilometers past Eziza, I have found no issues in several extended road trips driving 1 liter and 1.3 liter rental cars.
But thats just me.
My daily driver in the USA is a Honda Fit, which is a 1.5 liter car with a CVT. And its plenty fast enough for american freeways.

But in Argentina, if you want power, and dont want to spend the bucks on Range Rover or a Cayenne, I would think your best choices are the 4 door pickups. The beds are so small that, with a cover, its basically just a trunk anyway. I would be looking at the toyota and the VW, myself.

When I have driven on rural routes in both Argentina and Uruguay, moseying along at 140kmh in a tiny rental car, they consistently pass me at 200. (And big BMW's and Audis, of course).

For coffee capsules a good alternative to Nespresso is:

https://www.kapselmaker.com.ar/

They usually deliver next day and coffees very good and taste more "real" than Nespresso. The capsules are also recyclable aluminium and compatible with all Nespresso machines.

Have had horrible experiences trying to order Nespresso capsules from Nespresso online recently, would not recommend to anyone!

Not sure if these guys have been posted before, but in any case, they're very good:

Background:

https://lepi.com.ar/delivery/

FE2D7A45-30A5-4731-9C50-0EFE43827C90.jpeg
Just discovered this gem, had first delivery today. Best Pain Au Chocolat avec pistache outside of Paris. Orgasm. Breads also excellent with nice thick crusts. On fridays they also do a raisin and nut bread which is great. Apparently one can freeze the products to enjoy later in the week - will try with a baguette and some pastries.

My local seems to have a ‘rona outbreak with the staff so was forced to seek options and pleased that I did!

i ordered some treats from these guys to arrive tomorrow.

https://lepi.com.ar/delivery/

View attachment 7101
Just discovered this gem, had first delivery today. Best Pain Au Chocolat avec pistache outside of Paris. Orgasm. Breads also excellent with nice thick crusts. On fridays they also do a raisin and nut bread which is great. Apparently one can freeze the products to enjoy later in the week - will try with a baguette and some pastries.

My local seems to have a ‘rona outbreak with the staff so was forced to seek options and pleased that I did!

Best bakery in Buenos Aires IMO

Back