Question About Mercorsur Overstay With Expired Passport

Comments from anyone with additional information/insights will be greatly appreciated.
emo32.gif

She can enter Bolivia via the border of La Quiaca by foot. There are no checks absolutely there.

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/La_Quiaca

Maybe to remove this post after some time. Cos if its lying on the internet like this - it will not be avbl in the future.

Sure, but first she has to by pass all the gendarmeria controls of north shield....

What is "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]gendarmeria controls"?[/background]

That's a good question!

Her concern now is whether she can "safely" travel by bus through the province in January...and what could happen if the bus is "boarded" and documents are examined.

PS: Her "overstay" was created out of ignorance. She arrived with her Venezuelan passport and thought she could apply for her DNI using her Brazilian passport. Apparently that is not possible because she has not lived in Brazil for quite some time. She has been told that she WILL be able to renew her Venezuelan passport in Argentina as soon as she gets the antecedentes penelas from Venezuela and then get the DNI.

Meanwhile, she wants to head for the coast in January, but she wants to make sure the "coast is clear" before doing so.

On another note, I wonder why Venezuelans are preferring to come in hoardes to Argentina , which till recently had the same problem with USD as Venezuela has..// Why not Colombia or Chile.

On another note, I wonder why Venezuelans are preferring to come in hoardes to Argentina , which till recently had the same problem with USD as Venezuela has..// Why not Colombia or Chile.

I think Argentina's economic woes are minuscule compared with the problems in Venezuela and I believe (without searching for new info) that Colombia is tried of the hoards of Venezuelans who have arrived and/or those who are (still) trying to get there.

The woman I am asking for actually followed four of her children who already live and work in BA.

In the north there are numerous control points manned by the gendarmes. They check your passport, visa and luggage. If anything is amiss, you're in trouble.

Last time I crossed the border from Bolivia into Argentina at Aguas Blancas I got stopped and checked three times before I got to the bus station in Oran.

Muchas gracias to those who have replied, but the lady from Venezuela is not interested in leaving the country or traveling in the north of Argentina. She simply wants to know what could or is likely to happen if she travels by bus within Pvcia. Buenos Aries in January without a current 90 day visa and her documents are checked while in transit (on the bus).

Steve,

I've never being asked for documents while in transit on a bus within the province, not even crossing them.
Perhaps the police can check the documents of the driver and/or the bus company, but not the passengers'.
The control points are most likely to be in routes to the border.

I'd say she'll have no problems at all.

And if she shows her overstayed passport, it's highly unlikely they'll do anything to her either.

Back