Question about purchasing spices or bringing them in.

bring everything you love.... yes you can search go to 20 health food stores and maybe find this or that.....

i love spice and hot food... so to put some cholula on some fries or franks red hot sauce on a chicken milenesa is very important to me i bring everything i really like nobody cares....i bring it every year... basically one luggage is spice and sauces hahaha

but dont expect anything but the basics here.... it is so easy to hit a 99 cent store in the usa get 7 basic spices... get what you love. i found siracha hot sauce the other day here but like 4 times the cost of the usa the food is amazing here in argentina but can be very much the same.... a little hot sauce is a nice treat..... cheers
I can find almost every salsa and spice here. It just takes time. I found my favourite salsa from Yucatan here. Expensive ? Yes. Cholula hot sauce can be found at Tina & Co. Eventually, if you stay here, you will learn to live with what is available.

I just got back from the Middle East and my luggage got held back due to the spices I brought here, even though they were in sealed packages. I was told that only sealed packages and containers from the "manufacturer" are allowed to bring here. I was told they are being very strict no. I love the smell cause figure I dont even cook!

This place?
If so, that's only 4 blocks straight south of the big WU office on Cordoba, easy walk from my house. The biggest frustration for me has been not finding Paprika. Garlic powder they regularly have at my local verduleria. But Zatar would be great!
This isn't the same as powdered paprika?
pimenton dulce.jpg

There are different kinds, smoked, spicy, both (like merkén) or neither. There must be something here for everyone.

Badia garlic powder in shaker. Corner of Montivideo and Paraguay. They also have garlic salt.

My local jumbo actually had imported spices last week. You never know what you will find on any given day

I second the Barrio Chino comment, chinatown. I've been able to find everything I need at the stores Casa China and Ichibon. Garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, nutmeg, coriander, etc, etc.

Back