Question About Residency

thynes23

Registered
Does anyone here have residency, who can answer my question. I was told I needed to get all of my documents stamped back in Ireland, before they will accept them here. I need to get my birth cert, police record, and parent's birth certs stamped. Do I need to get this done by notary public or where do I get these documents authorized. I have no idea what a notary public is, or who can do this for me. Anyone have this done before?

You should have them stamped/legalized/apostillados at Department of State or the equivalent. Stamp the birth certificates if you want them, but they are not obligatory.

Does anyone here have residency, who can answer my question. I was told I needed to get all of my documents stamped back in Ireland, before they will accept them here. I need to get my birth cert, police record, and parent's birth certs stamped. Do I need to get this done by notary public or where do I get these documents authorized. I have no idea what a notary public is, or who can do this for me. Anyone have this done before?

The full story (Last Update .. post #71) here: ... http://baexpats.org/...on-for-dummies/

I had to have my documents stamped by the US Department of State, and my criminal records sent over from the FBI CJIS Division (this is all US-related, but I'm assuming the equivalent in Ireland will work for you).

I had a private company here who do relocations do everything for me. I think it is worth it, as the whole thing is incredibly complicated.

Back