Question about student visa

Zikoblade

Registered
I'm a married egyptian guy living & working at UAE atm, am looking forward to apply for student visa for my wife at a 2 years studying program, would that by any means lead to a permenant residency ? I mean studying years would count into that, also would i be able to work there as full time employee while she studies..

Thanks!

I would love to be wrong, but at this time I believe the answer to both questions is no.

After the first year, your wife might be able to begin the citizenship process (definitely after two years), and she could (legally) work while she is studying.

Even though you are married, you may be able to come only as a tourist and stay for either 90 or 180 days (if your tourist permit can be extended), but I'm not sure about that). You might try to find work but you would not have a DNI. If you overstay your tourist permit, you might be able to begin the citizenship process at the same time as your wife.

PS: Your wife would probably have to renew her student visa after the first year. I'm not sure how "concerned" migraciones might be (if at all) about the fact that her husband has overstayed his tourist permit...if that's the case and they are aware of it.

Last edited:
I think you both have a much greater chance at getting citizenship than permanent residency, even if the last major change to the immigration laws (DNU/2017) is repealed under the new administration.

Unfortunately, without a DNI you will probably have to pay a lawyer to get yours at the same time as your wife and, without a lawyer, she may have to wait two full years to being the process.

It might also be possible for you to apply for citizenship after your wife's is granted, but that would add another year to the process...and you still might need a lawyer to accomplish it.

PS: If Bajo-cero2 contradicts any of this, take his word for it.

Last edited:
would i be able to work there as full time employee while she studies..

If you can find a company that is registered with migraciones to hire a foreigner you would get DNI and that could lead to permanent residency, at least for you, as the law presently stands, but not necessarily for your wife.

As Bajo-cero2 often says, citizenship is the best route.

To that I would add, at least for most (including you and your wife).

Being Egyptian, you are going to understand it better.
The immigration law is alike the Jizhya muslim system that was abolished in 1850 more or less but milder (Sura 9:29). This is why it is always better to apply for citizenship without legal (halal) residency using the catholic inhabitant clause instead where you only need the 2 years of living here for getting citizenship.
As soon as we have freedom of religion, both systems coexist.

Back