Student visa requirements

elsi23ar

Registered
Hello all,

I'm going to apply a student visa inside Argentina.

There are some requirements that I'm not sure if understand it correctly. Hope someone with experience here could give me some ideas.

1. It says on the website that "Certificados Analíticos, Títulos obtenidos y toda documentación académica legalizada y apostillada".
It means that I need both of the documents or just one of them?
If just one of them, I suppose it's better to provide Certificados analiticos?

2. Since my documents are not in Spanish, which I'll have them translated by "private" translators and later legalized and apostilled by the government. In this case, would it still match the requirement "En caso de tener documentación emitida en idiomas diferentes al español, deben ser acompañados de una traducción oficial"? As the translation is certificated and legalized?

I've been checking on all threads, some of them are very useful (thanks for all the expats)!
Thus I appreciate any experience sharing for the above!

Thanks!

My understanding from talking to local universities is that it's both your diploma and transcript that get apostilled, translated, and certified.

The translator has to be an official translator, so you'd have them apostilled first in your home country, then translated by the official translator, then certified in Argentina. (Links to official translators, depending on your geography: https://cnyor.cancilleria.gob.ar/es/node/2827)

I don't know if it's the same but 21+ years ago when I first came to Argentina, I wanted to enter in on a student visa as I didn't want to be a "perma-tourist". I wanted to do everything legally. The student visa was fairly easy. Yes, I had to get my high school transcript and my University Transcript. I had to get an official translation (although there are tons of places now you can get it online that will email it to you notarized). Then I just sent them in to the State Department (https://www.sos.ca.gov/notary/request-apostille ) And sent in a self-addressed paid overnight envelope back. It took about 3 weeks to get it back. Super slow in California. But it was super easy after that.

Then after that I got my DNI and then renewed 2 more years to get permanent residency.

I have applied to both graduate and undergraduate programs here in BA within the past two years.

For Graduate school, it depends on the school. When I studied at UNA I had both my BFA diploma and my transcript apostilled in the USA ( I am from the USA) , translated here in BA and then certified. The University did not require me to have these documents verified by the Ministry, they merely suggested it. I was accepted to the university, I attended the program and I had no trouble getting my student Visa. ( I did have a lawyer help me with this process for the Visa as the school does not provide this service).

For Undergraduate I applied to UNTREF.

You are required to have your High School Diploma, the physical diploma. I had a very difficult time with this ( I graduated in 1996 and have no idea where this diploma is). You must have the diploma apostilled in your home country. Then you must have it translated here and the translation must be official and certified. After this you must present this diploma to the Ministry of Education for them to verify it. I tried to do this with just my high school transcript (no diploma) and it was not accepted by the Ministry.

Needless to say I did not attend the undergraduate program as the school would not accept me without the verification from the Ministry of education.

I did have a lawyer help me with this process for the Visa as the school does not provide this service
Hi rl45. Thank you for sharing your experience, it was helpful to have an idea. I'm also interested in a UNA program and after seeing your message, I was wondering how complicated was the process without their service? Isn't the university "required" to register to you to Migration system and give you a Constancia de Inscripción Electronica (Proof of registration)?

Hi rl45. Thank you for sharing your experience, it was helpful to have an idea. I'm also interested in a UNA program and after seeing your message, I was wondering how complicated was the process without their service? Isn't the university "required" to register to you to Migration system and give you a Constancia de Inscripción Electronica (Proof of registration)?
Hi there, I am glad you thought the information helpful. I found that the school was confused about what documents they needed to provide for me. They did provide letters and the "constancia" but it took some time to find the right department to speak with. I was surprised by this because I worked at a university for many years and we had an entire department dedicated to helping international students. That is not the case here in public universities, which I respect , but it means you have to do a lot more leg work and be clear about what you need. I was allowed to attend classes etc. the first semester while I figured out the paper work and the people in my department were very friendly and wanted to help me, they just weren't sure how. I am sure someone could do this process without a lawyer however, I was not well versed in a lot of the language used in the immigration process, government forms, the places I needed to go, and the bureaucracy- so it was good to have a guide.

Hi there, I am glad you thought the information helpful. I found that the school was confused about what documents they needed to provide for me. They did provide letters and the "constancia" but it took some time to find the right department to speak with. I was surprised by this because I worked at a university for many years and we had an entire department dedicated to helping international students. That is not the case here in public universities, which I respect , but it means you have to do a lot more leg work and be clear about what you need. I was allowed to attend classes etc. the first semester while I figured out the paper work and the people in my department were very friendly and wanted to help me, they just weren't sure how. I am sure someone could do this process without a lawyer however, I was not well versed in a lot of the language used in the immigration process, government forms, the places I needed to go, and the bureaucracy- so it was good to have a guide.
Thank you so much for the details. I get what you mean, it is definitely a relief to know that they were friendly about it. And I'm sure experiences like yours help future students as well, the relevant department will be more familiar next time. I always hear that having a lawyer speeds up processes so will definitely keep that in mind.

The verification process at the Ministry of Education is another complicated step and it seems pretty difficult to get an online appointment for months. I know it didn't work out for you but did you go in person when they didn't accept? I wonder if a lawyer may be helpful to sort this out too. I can't even upload the diploma because it will not let me as there are no "turno"s available.

Thank you so much for the details. I get what you mean, it is definitely a relief to know that they were friendly about it. And I'm sure experiences like yours help future students as well, the relevant department will be more familiar next time. I always hear that having a lawyer speeds up processes so will definitely keep that in mind.

The verification process at the Ministry of Education is another complicated step and it seems pretty difficult to get an online appointment for months. I know it didn't work out for you but did you go in person when they didn't accept? I wonder if a lawyer may be helpful to sort this out too. I can't even upload the diploma because it will not let me as there are no "turno"s available.
I didn't have to have my University Diploma or transcript verified by the Ministry of Education- the Graduate program accepted what I had ( I had my diploma and transcript (with an apostille) officially translated here). However, It depends on the university and the program.

The lawyer I hired did not help with the paperwork regarding the Ministry. I had to do that on my own. The lawyers was only helpful when it came to the immigration offices and setting up the appointments I needed to get my FBI report, etc.

For the undergraduate program, I submitted my paperwork to the Ministry online. It was difficult to get an appointment but you have to check the site a lot, I checked every morning right when I woke up. I learned this after my friend called and spoke to someone and they confirmed that you have to check every morning and often.

After I submitted my transcript via the website for validation they told me it was not sufficient and they needed my high school diploma (again I graduated in 1996 )The school gave me an extra ten days to get this paper work sorted out but that was not sufficient time and I just let the whole thing go at that point.

For the undergraduate program, I submitted my paperwork to the Ministry online. It was difficult to get an appointment but you have to check the site a lot, I checked every morning right when I woke up.
Great tip!

Sometimes all this seems like an endless process, but I'm hoping to eventually sort it out too. Thanks again and all the best.

Back